Error OpenLP Returned -1

edited February 11 in Troubleshooting
Operating system
Windows 10
I shut my Open LP down after church this morning, and now that I am trying to restart it, it keeps giving me this error message.  "Open LP Returned -1.  HELP!!!!!!!!!  

• This error seems to be a corrupted configuration. Did OpenLP shut down properly? Did you suspend your computer while OpenLP was running at all? Did you upgrade OpenLP recently?

Backup your configuration by renaming it, and then re-run OpenLP. To find out where your configuration is stored, see this question in the Frequently Asked Questions section of our manual:

• edited November 2016
    Mine did the same thing last Sunday Sept 30th.  Didn't come along this until today.  I ended up having to install an older version (2.2.1 I think) to get it to run again. I tried changing back to v2.4.3 but no luck.  Stuck with the 2.2 version I had been using.  Will try v2.4.3 again and see if the config file is causing the issue.  But wonder why it would work with the old version?

Was just looking at the link for where config file is.  For Windows it is in the registry.  You want us to rename the registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenLP\OpenLP to something like HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenLP\OpenLP_Backup ?
  • @bahenney : yes, if you rename the settings entry then a new OpenLP entry will be created by OpenLP when you start it the next time. Hopefully that will mean that the error will disappear.