Android Remote Settings - "unable to process request - check network settings"

Version of OpenLP
2_4_6
Operating system
Windows 7
I am having problem with using my tablet as remote to control OpenLp...my android tablet keeps saying "unable to process request - check network settings"
The problem is probably the fact that I do not know exactly what and where to put in my projector laptop and android tablet as server details as instructed by Openlp. I wished these instructions could be clearer or more straightforward than it is. Could anyone please give me a step-step idiot-proof guide...pleaseeeeeee!

Server Details

You will need to configure the server settings you will use with your phone. You can find these instructions and settings in the OpenLP desktop application under Remote.

Note: To use the OpenLP Remote you will need to be on the same network as the main computer.

Hostname or IP:
Enter the Server on IP address found in Remote. After entering the IP address in the box select OK
Port:
Enter the Port number found in Remote and enter it in the box. By default this is 4316. After entering the port number select OK.
Use HTTPS:
This specifies if HTTPS should be used. Note: To use HTTPS you must setup OpenLP to be secure, see Server Settings - Secure.
Username:
Here you can enter a username used for accessing OpenLP remotely. This must be the same as set in User Authentication.
Password:
Here you can enter a password used for accessing OpenLP remotely. This must be the same as set in User Authentication.

Comments

• @olaleye1962, I'll do my best to help you out with this.  I'm not a developer, but I'm a fairly technical user.  To get started with a Remote in OpenLP, you need 3 things:
    1. OpenLP installed on a computer
    2. The OpenLP app installed on a mobile device
    3. Both of the above devices MUST be on the same WiFi network
    It looks like you've got numbers 1 and 2 already.  Do you have #3 (both the PC & tablet on the same WiFi network)?  If not, the mobile app will simply error.  If you do have it, we'll move on to the next steps.
  • Thanks Milon for your reply/comments. It's now sorted and working for me.

My next problem is as below in case you know:

Does anyone know how I can Import my existing Songs Schedules/Setlists from Easyworship to OpenLp, rather than having to rebuild this from scratch by adding one song at a time to the Service Manager?

• edited July 2017
    I'm glad you've got that working now!  And good news - it looks like you can import directly from Easyworship into OpenLP.
    This link should give you the steps you need to follow: http://manual.openlp.org/songs.html?highlight=easyworship
    I believe you want to use the Song Importer, and choose the option called EasyWorship Song Database.