[Feature Request for 3.0] Video and/or music file playlists

Hi there!

Churches that rely heavily on multimedia already make use of OpenLP, which is great. However, a feature which could definitely benifit many people and churches, including me, would be the ability to play playlists of video's and/or music files.

For instance, we play the "live worship" videos of the songs we will be singing in a service beforehand. It helps the congregation get used to the songs faster. For this, we need to be able to put together a playlist that can be looped (like images can currently be looped).

We also like to make and play our announcements as video's. Being able to set up a playlist that we can just press play, or even loop if need be, would be greatly beneficial.

Is this possible for 3.0?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Hi @etienne-snyman there are several requests for adding groups for media and presentations, seemingly championed by @raoul so I suspect this will be implemented at some point.

With a lot of heavy work to be done behind the scenes, and a tentative release date for 3.0 being floated for the first quarter of 2018 (also by @raoul), I don't think that it will likely make it it to OpenLP 3.0.