Ubuntu 904 and revision 600

edited 8:09AM in Development

I have been using "2.0" for about 2 months in church now. Latest revision we've used was Sept -- don't know the number. When I went to use revision 600, I get a series of error messages in the terminal and it won't load. I don't know if this is related to the apparently utf8 issue that I found back in September. I converted our songs from 1.2. The conversion went fine. But any song that has extended characters present in it won't resave after editing in 2.0.

The present error messages include:

self.plugin_manager.hook_media_manager(self.mediaDockManager)
File "/home/dale/Desktop/latest.rev600/openlp/core/lib/pluginmanager.py", line 139, in hook_media_manager
plugin.media_item = plugin.get_media_manager_item()
File "/home/dale/Desktop/latest.rev600/openlp/plugins/songs/songsplugin.py", line 90, in get_media_manager_item
return SongMediaItem(self, self.icon, 'Songs')
File "/home/dale/Desktop/latest.rev600/openlp/plugins/songs/lib/mediaitem.py", line 55, in __init__
self.edit_song_form = EditSongForm(self.parent.songmanager, self)
File "/home/dale/Desktop/latest.rev600/openlp/plugins/songs/forms/editsongform.py", line 48, in __init__
self.setupUi(self)
File "/home/dale/Desktop/latest.rev600/openlp/plugins/songs/forms/editsongdialog.py", line 384, in setupUi
self.retranslateUi(EditSongDialog)
File "/home/dale/Desktop/latest.rev600/openlp/plugins/songs/forms/editsongdialog.py", line 444, in retranslateUi
self.CopyrightInsertButton.setText(self.trUtf8(u'\xa9'))
TypeError: argument 1 of QObject.trUtf8() has an invalid type

I don't know if I've posted this in the right place. This is my first effort. I would like to help with this project, but I'm not a programmer.

Comments

• edited October 2009

Hi daleshi,

Thanks for the report, and it's very brave of you to try out 2.0! We know about this problem, but since 2.0 is still some way off from being released, there may often be issues as we change the way we do things or experiment with new features.

Rather than use the forums which we only really use to support the released versions (i.e. v1.2.1) it would help if you could join us on IRC and sign up to the openlp-beta mailing list, and report problems here. We're always looking for volunteers to help test, and glad you're willing to help!

Jonathan.

• edited October 2009

Thank you for your quick reply. I needed some guidance on where to be -- so I'll try to meet you there.

Dale

• edited October 2009

Most of the developers are in timezones close to GMT, and most folk are in IRC in the evenings, so your best bet to chat to us would be then. Also, stick around when you come in. Not everyone is at their keyboards 100% of the time.

• edited November 2009

Thanks for the encouragement. As you note, the timezone in Hawaii is a killer for connecting with folks -- going in both directions we're a long ways away.

• edited November 2009

That's quite a time difference! I'm usually in IRC for most of the day and most of the evening hours, so you can try to come at chat to me, at least, during those times.