Remote Clicker

Hi guys, looking at buying a remote clicker for my church. Does anybody know how these work? do they simulate a key board? Is there any way to change the keys that it "presses"? And finally will it work in OpenLP 2 if it works in powerpoint?

Phill

Comments

• edited March 2010

Clickers vary. Some are over-glorified wireless mice (i.e. left/mouse click and mouse movement)

Some will emulate certain keys on the keyboard, e.g. cursor up/down, page up/down and perhaps a few other powerpoint type keys like "B" for blank.

Some more expensive ones are programmable and you can pretty much do what you want with them!

For operation with OpenLP v1.x at the very simplest you need something that will do Page Up and Page Down to change slides.

• edited March 2010

Thanks, I've found this Open Source Project http://www.autohotkey.com/ which appears to allow me to intercept any key strokes sent from a remote clicker and replace them with the key strokes i want OpenLp or PP to "see"

I'll have a play when I've ordered the clicker and let you guys know how it goes!

Of course it could always be a nice feature to have an option in OpenLp which allows you to setect these button presses and select which opperation you want it to perform!

Phill