OpenLP 2.0 to support Logitech Presenter

edited 7:35PM in Development

Speakers most often want to present their images or powerpoints themselves so what I want to do is to just give them the logitech presenter mouse and leave the presenting up to them. Idea here is that when the speaker presses blank the screen button the screen would go blank (ie when dot, or ., is pressed), when next and previous is pressed the slide changes accordingly (ie when pgup and pgdn are pressed).

Please implement the shortcuts the Logitec Presenter uses for OpenLP 2.0.

The Logitech Presenter uses the following keys:

. (dot) for blank screen (I guess this is not supported at all by OpenLP 2.0, but when supported this shortcut should be mapped to it)

PgUp for previous image/slide

PgDn for next image/slide

Could you implement the shortcuts in a way this would be supported out of the box or at least after some shortcut configuring.

Comments

• edited March 2010

I am currently looking in to this my self and have found a few 3rd party apps which could possilby allow you to change the key stokes that your remote sends.

Which os are you using? And how is the device detected? As a USB HID device?

PM me with your email address and I'll let you know how I get on.

• edited March 2010

another option here might be a small app. for smartphones - the two major ones being the iphone and any android based phone. by creating small apps and a small client one could have a full customizable menu that would integrate directly with openlp.

Dave.

• edited March 2010

v2 already has some basic support for remote operation over tcp/ip. If there are any smartphone devs out there who would like to build a client for this, we'd be happy to hear from you.