Using single monitor

edited November -1 in General Discussion

I have downloaded the alpha for openlp 2.0 and have been working on figuring out the features -- which has been interesting, since the user guide isn't working and I've never used v.1.  :-)  A mixture of looking at documentation for v.1 and searching the site/forum has been helpful. 

However, I need to be able to use the single monitor feature, and I've been able to bring up the live screen on the laptop I'm using, but I've not been able to figure out how to move between verses and the chorus -- basically how to go to another slide.  So all I can view right now is the one slide that's on-screen, and I have to go back to Preview ("operator view") to click on the next verse.  Are there shortcut keys available to move to the next slide/verse?  Can it be done using a mouse?

Btw, the single monitor feature is just what I've been looking for, so I'm really hoping this will work.

Comments

• edited August 2010

Hi CatherineS,

Simply pressing the up and down arrow keys should navigate up and down the song. I don't think we have a shortcut to get to the next song yet, I'm afraid.

• edited August 2010

The following keys have been defined at present.

• Arrow Up and Down - Next  / Previous Slide and loop round the song.
    • Space and Enter - Next  / Previous Slide and NO loop round the song.
    • Page Up and Down - First / List Slide
    • 0 (Zero) - Next item in Service Manager
    • ESC - Close Display.
    • Backspace also do things but I cannot work it out at present.

• edited September 2010

Hi,

Our computer doesn't have an extended screen facility since the graphics card has only got one connector. so we use a video splitter to split the output between the monitor and projector.

Can I take it from this forum that with Openlp 2.0 we will be able to use Openlp effectively as it has a "single monitor facility"?

Where can we download an alpha or beta version of 2.0?

Thanks very much.

• edited September 2010
    Can I take it from this forum that with Openlp 2.0 we will be able to use Openlp effectively as it has a "single monitor facility"?

I don't know. You might be able to move and resize the display, but since none of the developers have a setup like yours, we haven't specifically programmed for something like that.

Where can we download an alpha or beta version of 2.0?

On the download page.