Lyric & HCSB file help

I am in search of Baptist Hymnal files that I can get hold of to import into OpenLP. We are starting from scratch since our church has not used their projection for music. We're in the planning stage right now for a new computer & additional projection equipment (since the only one we have gets in the way of the choir - they had it before I came there). We're working for a very limited budget as yet, so any file 'donations' would be greatly appreciated.

Also, has anyone found a usable file for the HCSB Bible since our pastor will occasionally pull verses from it both in place of & in comparison to the other versions. We've already got KJV, NIV & NLT. Any help with this would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to openlp.org for a wonderful program that matches our needs!

Comments

• edited October 2010

Are you a subscriber to the electronic version of the latest Baptist/Worship Hymnal? There could be a way to maybe convert that. As far as the HSCB there could be sources out there for that ( I don't know of one right off hand), but just be aware of copyrights and restrictions.

Wesley

• edited October 2010

Oh, and another thought on the HCSB check out the web bible import if you have internet access at your church it might be a good go for you.

Wesley`

• edited October 2010

Thanks Wesley, but unfortunately we don't. Our church is still lagging in many technology areas; primarily because we're not that big. I'll keep searching for sources on both. If anyone else can help it would be appreciated!

Tommy White

Faith Baptist Church

Frankfort, KY

• edited October 2010

Tommy,

Something you should really look into is CCLI They are a copyrighting agency that gets you legal to actually project copyrighted lyrics. Legally you can't project many songs without having a license to do so. They also offer something called SongSelect that is a great resource. It provides downloadable lyrics, sheet music etc. I'm not a paid advertiser for the service :) but it greatly helps our church out, and keeps us legal as well. The flash interface they use however is another story...

Wesley`

• edited October 2010

Thanks again Wesley, but I'm already very familiar with SongSelect. I've only been in KY for just a few years, & this church even less time. I've work with CCLI with the other churches I've went to. Our problem is money. With little of it to spread over the many things our church does we need as much low-to-no cost options as possible. I figured we can start with what we can, then get the options that cost when we can afford it. But we still appreciate your help. Any other ideas, or leads will still be appreciated.

Tommy White

Faith Baptist Church

Frankfort, KY