No Go : Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard

Hey guys,

was just installing OpenLp 1.9.3 onto my colleague's MacbookPro

After download and placing the program into the applications folder we went to run the program.

It shows the OpenLP logo but after that nothing happens. Older version used to work.

I tried waiting to see if it was just a major lag in loading but nothing happened.

My only assumption is that the DMG file size you say on the download page is 30mbs and when fully downloaded from sourceforge it is only showing 28mbs.

I tried the different mirrors on sourceforge with no go.

Let me know what you think!

Comments

• edited November 2010

Hi, I have OpenLP running on Snow Leopard without any issues and if memory serves me correctly the downloaded .dmg was 30 MB's. It might be worth another download, but you might also try running openlp in debug mode and posting the log back here that could very well help the developers discover what the issue is. THIS is a link telling you how.

Wesley

EDIT: Just realized you have had previous versions of 2.0 installed did you follow the instructions for upgrading HERE ?

• edited November 2010

CaptainCasey,

if you still experience problems, just leave me a note or post a comment, I am the one who built the dmg so I would be really interested in the behaviour you had ;) (if you have log files, these would be also very helpful)

--
    matthias

• edited December 2010

Hey Guys here is what the terminal spit back for you to take a look at. I'm not going to be in the office this next weekend so my collegue needs to be able to run this program on his MacBook Pro here in Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Have Fun!

Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
    WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded
    WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded
    WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect  Phonon::MediaObject ( no objectName ) to  Phonon::VideoWidget ( no objectName ).
    WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect  Phonon::MediaObject ( no objectName ) to  Phonon::AudioOutput ( no objectName ).
    WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect  Phonon::MediaObject ( no objectName ) to  Phonon::VideoWidget ( no objectName ).
    WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect  Phonon::MediaObject ( no objectName ) to  Phonon::AudioOutput ( no objectName ).
    German-MBP:MacOS seangerman$

• edited December 2010

Hi CaptainCasey,

Those are just warnings, so they are not necessarily what is causing the problem. As wstout indicated, we made some changes to the structure of the songs database between 1.9.2 and 1.9.3, so make sure you follow the instructions in wstout's link.

Other than that, try running OpenLP from the command line with "debug logging" enabled, as per the instructions on the wiki and e-mail the output to support [at] openlp.org.

• edited January 2011

CaptainCasey,

can you give 1.9.4 a try? we hope that we have solved exactly that problem in the new release: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openlp/files/openlp/1.9.4/OpenLP-1.9.4.dmg/download

--
    matthias