Open LP for a Powerbook G4

Is there anyway that this will work on my PowerBook G4 Mac? That would be the ONLY way I could get it to work at our church as I'm the only one willing to try anything outside the box.

Ben

Comments

• edited November 2010

Hi Ben,

There is a way, but you need to be running OS X 10.4 or higher, and you'll have to do a lot of compiling and other "developer" things yourself. It's not difficult, per se, just rather technical and time-consuming.

If you're keen to go this route, let us know and we can help you along the way.

Unfortunately none of the developers has access to OS X, especially not running on the PowerPC architecture, so our support of OS X is rather minimal at this stage.

• edited November 2010

Ben,

I have access to a PPC Mac, I will see what trouble I run into getting it to run. I will hopefully do that this weekend.

Wesley

• edited November 2010

Ben,

My first attempt was a fail. I'm guessing I need some tools like gcc or something to compile with that aren't mentioned in the wiki. I will check with some of the devs and see what I need and I will add that to the wiki.

Wesley