Hardware requirements

edited November -1 in General Discussion

I would like to use openLP in my church. Currently, I am using EasyWorship 2006 form a standard netbook.

I tried openLP latest developement version, and my problem is, that when i click on the next verse, it takes 2-4 seconds to show it on the projector. I have already disabled transitions.

Any idea?

Comments

• edited February 2011

What are the specs on the Netbook?  How much ram, what kind of processor?  I haven't tried hooking it up to a projector yet, but test runs on my son's netbook run well in single monitor mode.

• edited February 2011

What are your theme settings like? Are you using a back ground image? If so, you might like to try resizing it to the resolution of the output. I'm not sure if OpenLP does this automatically or not?

Secondly, try using the keyboard to change slides then the mouse, is there a difference? I've got a theory (that I havnt had time to test out yet) that there is a slight delay when using the mouse as it waits to see if its just a single click or a double click. So if you've got a longer double click delay, this may add a slight delay to the changing of the slide. (admitedly not 2-4 seconds, but it all helps!) If anybody else could test this and confirm, maybe the dev's could change to an onKeyDown event, rather than keyRelesase?

What OS are you using? I have always found OpenLP to be slower on windows than on Ubuntu.

What hardware are you using? One of our laptops at church (win xp) and a lot lower spec than mine (going on age) actually workes faster than my lot newer laptop (win 7)

Phill

• edited February 2011

2 things I have noticed which might cause slow transistions is (this is openlp 1.2.8, so I do not know if the same applies for the latest development version):

1. The resoluion of the image used in the theme (reduce to screen output size)

2. The resolution of the output monitor (reduce it to lowest possible size which is OK with you).

I tried mine on my own laptop pc with no external monitor, so openlp just rendered the slides to fit my primary screen, which has full hd resolution, and it took "ages" to go to the next verse, even on a Core i7.

• edited February 2011

2 things I have noticed which might cause slow transistions is (this is openlp 1.2.8, so I do not know if the same applies for the latest development version):

1. The resoluion of the image used in the theme (reduce to screen output size)

2. The resolution of the output monitor (reduce it to lowest possible size which is OK with you).

I tried mine on my own laptop pc with no external monitor, so openlp just rendered the slides to fit my primary screen, which has full hd resolution, and it took "ages" to go to the next verse, even on a Core i7.