OpenSong import - problem and workaround

edited 5:19AM in Development

When importing a large batch of songs from "OpenSong" format the process stops with an error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "D:\OpenLP_Code\Trunk\build\pyi.win32\OpenLP\outPYZ1.pyz/openlp.core.ui.wizard", line 191, in onCurrentIdChanged

File "D:\OpenLP_Code\Trunk\build\pyi.win32\OpenLP\outPYZ1.pyz/openlp.plugins.songs.forms.songimportform", line 754, in performWizard

File "D:\OpenLP_Code\Trunk\build\pyi.win32\OpenLP\outPYZ1.pyz/openlp.plugins.songs.lib.opensongimport", line 153, in do_import

File "D:\OpenLP_Code\Trunk\build\pyi.win32\OpenLP\outPYZ1.pyz/openlp.plugins.songs.lib.opensongimport", line 230, in do_import_file

File "D:\OpenLP_Code\Trunk\build\pyi.win32\OpenLP\outPYZ1.pyz/openlp.plugins.songs.lib", line 185, in from_loose_input

File "D:\OpenLP_Code\Trunk\build\pyi.win32\OpenLP\outPYZ1.pyz/openlp.plugins.songs.lib", line 140, in from_translated_tag

IndexError: string index out of range

Apparent batch import limitation

It would appear that there is a limit on the number of songs that can be imported in a single batch of 498.  The batch I was attempting import contains about 600 songs.

Workaround

The workaround is obvious - split the import into a number of smaller batches, each of say 400 songs.  This does make the process a bit slower, but does obviate the error message.

(I've sumitted this here rather than in the "bugs" forum as I'm not sure its a bug, but a limitation that some users might need to be aware of)

Comments