Installation Woes

I run PCLinuxOS on the home computer, some version of Windows at the church, trying to install at home, checked all the apps that are needed are there.

Although I enabled the song plugin, the song button does not show up, making the software kinda hard to use...

Any ideas????

Okay more info:  From the openlp log file:

2012-02-08 21:20:42,725 openlp.core.lib.pluginmanager                           ERROR    Failed to import module remotes.remoteplugin on path /home/paul/OpenLP-1.9.8/openlp/plugins/remotes/remoteplugin.py for reason No module named mako.template
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/paul/OpenLP-1.9.8/openlp/core/lib/pluginmanager.py", line 103, in find_plugins
__import__(modulename, globals(), locals(), [])
File "/home/paul/OpenLP-1.9.8/openlp/plugins/remotes/remoteplugin.py", line 31, in <module>
from openlp.plugins.remotes.lib import RemoteTab, HttpServer
File "/home/paul/OpenLP-1.9.8/openlp/plugins/remotes/lib/__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
from httpserver import HttpServer
File "/home/paul/OpenLP-1.9.8/openlp/plugins/remotes/lib/httpserver.py", line 125, in <module>
from mako.template import Template
ImportError: No module named mako.template

and

2012-02-08 21:20:43,426 openlp.plugins.songs.lib.importer                       ERROR    Error importing SofImport
File "/home/paul/OpenLP-1.9.8/openlp/plugins/songs/lib/importer.py", line 51, in <module>
from sofimport import SofImport
File "/home/paul/OpenLP-1.9.8/openlp/plugins/songs/lib/sofimport.py", line 38, in <module>
from oooimport import OooImport
File "/home/paul/OpenLP-1.9.8/openlp/plugins/songs/lib/oooimport.py", line 42, in <module>
import uno
ImportError: No module named uno
2012-02-08 21:20:43,431 openlp.plugins.songs.lib.importer                       ERROR    Error importing OooImport
File "/home/paul/OpenLP-1.9.8/openlp/plugins/songs/lib/importer.py", line 57, in <module>
from oooimport import OooImport
File "/home/paul/OpenLP-1.9.8/openlp/plugins/songs/lib/oooimport.py", line 42, in <module>
import uno
ImportError: No module named uno

and

2012-02-08 21:20:43,442 openlp.core.lib.pluginmanager                           ERROR    Failed to import module songs.songsplugin on path /home/paul/OpenLP-1.9.8/openlp/plugins/songs/songsplugin.py for reason No module named migrate.changeset.constraint
File "/home/paul/OpenLP-1.9.8/openlp/core/lib/pluginmanager.py", line 103, in find_plugins
__import__(modulename, globals(), locals(), [])
File "/home/paul/OpenLP-1.9.8/openlp/plugins/songs/songsplugin.py", line 39, in <module>
from openlp.plugins.songs.lib import clean_song, upgrade, SongMediaItem, \
File "/home/paul/OpenLP-1.9.8/openlp/plugins/songs/lib/upgrade.py", line 34, in <module>
from migrate.changeset.constraint import ForeignKeyConstraint
ImportError: No module named migrate.changeset.constraint

Anyone know where I can find these modules???

Comments

• edited February 2012

I don't know PCLinuxOS, but it looks like it's an RPM-based dsitribution. You'll need to search through your package manager for the "python-mako" package.

Have a look at the list of packages under the "Kubuntu" section on the testing wiki page, and see if you can find similar packages.

• edited February 2012

Found the issue, I was missing the SQLAlchemy migrate module, so it's able to deal with the songs now, I hope.  Uno is still missing, but I should be able to track that one down.....

• edited February 2012
    Have just seen your message at CMN. Did you find Uno? If you have the skills, maybe you might like to consider packaging OpenLP for other PCLinuxOS users.
  • edited February 2012

I found it, under /opt/lib/libreoffice/basis-link/program I just don't know how to tell OpenLP to look there...  Not sure how to create a package, and the version of synaptic it uses, doesn't show the paths, and I forgot which packages I installed for it....

• edited February 2012

On Debian-based systems the python-uno package provides the bridge to LibreOffice/OpenOffice.org. Can you find a similar package for PCLinuxOS?

• edited February 2012

Since the software "upgrade" the comments section has blue text on a blue background, so I had to type this into Kwrite and then paste it over to make it work.

You said:

On Debian-based systems the python-uno package provides the bridge to LibreOffice/OpenOffice.org. Can you find a similar package for PCLinuxOS?

The package is actually installed already, I don't know much about Python, so I need to know if there is a way of telling Python where to find the files, I have heard about PYTHONPATH
    but I'm not sure if that's what I need to do....

• edited February 2012

Fixed the comment issue, I think, thanks for letting us know.

The installed package should be fine. You mentioned "/opt" in your previous post - did you install a custom version of LibreOffice? "/opt" is only really reserved for apps that don't come in your distribution's package management system.

• edited February 2012

Yeah, Libreoffice is a little odd, parts of it are managed by the lomanager, it's pseudo independant of the distribution, so maybe it picks /opt, I don't know.

I think one of the issues, is that OpenLP doesn't have an install from source in it's documentation.  Basically this would be a document that says you need the following software on your machine, minimum versions being included.  Then once you have everything together you do a certain something to get it installed.  I wonder if a configure script might be a good way to go.

Drop the tarball, from the top directory you run ./configure and it goes out and checks for everything, creating a makefile that makes sure all the paths are right and then you run make install to get it installed. 

I dropped the Windows version under wine, it seems to work okay except that it doesn't do presentations, because the powerpoint viewer will not run under wine, so I am back to square one.

• edited February 2012

Okay, so I figured I need to run setup.py with the install option so I typed:

python setup.py install

and I got about 300 lines of output, rather then bore you with all of it, the last 19 lines were:

running install_scripts
    running build_scripts
    creating build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO/scripts
    copying build/scripts-2.6/openlp-remoteclient.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO/scripts
    copying build/scripts-2.6/openlp.pyw -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO/scripts
    changing mode of build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/openlp-remoteclient.py to 755
    changing mode of build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/openlp.pyw to 755
    copying OpenLP.egg-info/PKG-INFO -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO
    copying OpenLP.egg-info/SOURCES.txt -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO
    copying OpenLP.egg-info/dependency_links.txt -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO
    copying OpenLP.egg-info/entry_points.txt -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO
    copying OpenLP.egg-info/not-zip-safe -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO
    copying OpenLP.egg-info/top_level.txt -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO
    creating 'dist/OpenLP-1.9.8-py2.6.egg' and adding 'build/bdist.linux-i686/egg' to it
    removing 'build/bdist.linux-i686/egg' (and everything under it)
    Processing OpenLP-1.9.8-py2.6.egg
    removing '/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/OpenLP-1.9.8-py2.6.egg' (and everything under it)
    creating /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/OpenLP-1.9.8-py2.6.egg
    Extracting OpenLP-1.9.8-py2.6.egg to /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages

error: byte-compiling is disabled.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to make this go????