Segmentation Fault with latest Ubuntu PPA install

edited November -1 in Troubleshooting

Hi,

I'm new to OpenLP, and am wanting to have a look at it to see if it will work for our church.

I've installed via the Ubuntu PPA the latest version (Openlp version 1.9.9 build bzr1955), but when I try to run it it crashes on startup. Running from the command prompt gives 'Segmentation Fault'.

A run openLP with debugging on, and the output is http://pastebin.com/5hNe7gFH.

Thanks heaps for your help.

Daniel

Comments

• edited April 2012

Hi Daniel,

You shouldn't really use the development PPA as it is not guaranteed to be stable. You should rather use the release PPA.

From the debug log you pasted (thanks!!), it looks like you don't have VLC installed, and OpenLP is looking for VLC. If you install VLC, that should make OpenLP work.

• edited April 2012

Ah, I see now we already have a bug report for this, and it seems that your error is due to a very old and unsupported version of VLC. See the bug report for more details.

• edited May 2012

Thanks for that. I've upgraded VLC and now it starts well.

And thanks for pointing me to the release channel. For some reason I had both PPAs setup and so I've downgraded to the latest release.

Now to have a good play around with it!

• edited April 24

Just installed OLP 2.4.6-1 from the command line onto Linux Mint 20.3 and get the error below. The debug log is attached.

qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin

Logging to: /$HOME/.cache/openlp/openlp.log

/usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/utils/languagemanager.py:96: FutureWarning: Possible nested set at position 1

if re.match(r'[[].*[]]', language):

qt5ct: D-Bus system tray: no

qt5ct: D-Bus global menu: no

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Running OLP on Windows at church and I really appreciate the community's efforts!