Feature Request & Improvements

edited November -1 in Development

Hi, I'm new to OpenLP but I've been using EasyWorship for years.

I like some of the Features of OpenLP but some of the basic features I've been

using in EasyWorship I couldn't seem to find. I hope to see the following in the near future:

* It would be nice to have a Scrolling Message alert in addition to the Nursery Alert.

The Scrolling Message alert can be customized to either show on Top or Bottom.

* Also, allow us to have an option to set the Nursery Alert at the Top-Right corner of the screen,

only highlighting the texts and not the whole row. In addition to that, when we project an alert for 45 seconds,

we should also be able to remove it before its time. Sometimes, mistakes can happen and without the remove

Nursery Alert feature, it'd be quite tiring to wait for 45 secs for it to disappear.

* When editing a Theme, there should be a realtime Preview Screen on every edit-page. It's a time saver.

That's it for now

Thanks

Comments

• edited November 2012

Thanks, we'll add these to our list of future features. Currently we are not adding any new features to OpenLP.

Just with your preview theme request specifically, we used to do this, but it made the editing process extremely slow due to the constant rendering. This was a long time ago, and we have improved the rendering speed since then, so we might try that again in a future version of OpenLP.

• edited November 2012

"Just with your preview theme request specifically, we used to do this, but it made the editing process extremely slow due to the constant rendering."

A "Preview" button maybe would be helpful. So we won't have to wait until the last screen to see the final look, and hit the "back" button many times to make some edits, and once again hit the "next" button many times just to get to the preview screen. :)

• edited November 2012

At the very least, if it can be done, an image included preview for the text area preview page. 

• edited November 2012

I have been thinking a little about this and if I remember correctly the main issue with the preview was that it was re-rendered every time a value in a spin box was adjusted (Such as font size, line height, etc.) when clicking and holding down or up.

The soloution to this would be to have a timer which only updates the preview if not changes have been made say in the last tenth of a second.