OpenLP do not start properly.

edited April 2013 in Troubleshooting
Hi!
After I tried a last night build and vent back to the stable version of OpenLP, the program do not start properly. The Media manager is empty and in Settings/Configure OpenLP  only General, Themes and Advanced  appear.

I believe there is something wrong in the register. I am using Windows Vista on this computer. I am able to, from my wife's computer, to access to the database so the database is probably not corrupted. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times not to any luck. 
Is there anyone who have any idea what to look for in the register-file or someone who can help me solve the problem?
josten

Comments

• You need to delete your settings and start again. The Frequently Asked Questions contains the location for your platform.

The night builds are not stable. Do not use them unless you are testing OpenLP for the developers.
  • Hello

The current development version is not for productive use! Your settings have been converted. And you images path are now saved in a database instead of the registry. Also the media item paths are saved in a different way. Sorry, the development version is not backward compatible.

Regards
  • edited April 2013
    I understand it was bad idea to try the one night build. And what your are saying, googol is it that my database is damaged and not able to recover?

Josten
  • Settings in a the database? Does that mean that custom tags will now be shared across machines if I'm sharing the data directory?  And what does this mean for people who do that?  Do I need to mirror exactly the pathing and such for my images etc?  Right now, on my personal machine, I keep images and media in a subfolder on the E drive, but on the Church computer they are on the D drive, will that cause problems? 
  • No, settings are not in a database. But some setting keys were rename. The image plugin now uses a database as well; we have image groups now, and the the tree with the groups and images are saved in a database (but the image itself is not saved  in the database).

> Does that mean that custom tags will now be shared across machines if I'm sharing the data directory?
    Formatting tags are saved in the config (on windows this is the Registry, on linux a config file and I do not know for OSX, but I think they have a config file as well)

Anyway, this does not affect any stable version!

> I understand it was bad idea to try the one night build. And what your
    are saying, googol is it that my database is damaged and not able to
    recover?

No, it should not. Btw, always back up your data when doing such things!
    Regards
  • Hi!

We have a safe database at the church so if I could be able to uninstall the program totally from the computer with all settings. Then reinstall from scratch hopefully it would be up and running again. I do not like to work into the registry file without knowing what I'm actually doing. So if anyone have any idea what to delete from the registry so I can reinstall without get the problem back.

josten
  • Open the registry and search for OpenLP. The "folder" should have sub folders called, media, general, images, etc. Just delete this folder (close OpenLP before doing so).