Further to the problems I have had with Windows 8.1 and OpenLP - all solved here on the forums, I thought I would post a solution, in the hope that it will help someone. I hope that is OK
Set up is a new HP laptop with Windows 8.1, and OpenLP
Laptop is connected to projector via HDMI > VGA adapter and thence to the projector
When I plugged in the HDMI to the laptop, the sound was cut off from the headphone socket on the laptop. A bit if a disaster.
But here is the solution.
I carried this out at home before connecting to the projector. It worked at home, and I see not need to doubt that it will work in the building!
- Start some music - I used Media player. Insert headphones in laptop.
- Insert HDMI lead. Seemingly you do not need a projector as well. After a brief pause, sound from headphones will stop. The screen will flash, and change to a small VGA display. Do not panic.
- Right-click speaker icon in taskbar
- Select playback devices
- Select Playback tab
- You SHOULD now have two entries in this box.
- One says something like VGA Display
- The other says something like Speaker/HP. This may vary a bit depending on your machine
- Right click the one that refers to Speaker/HP - NOT the VGA one!
- Set it as default. On mine the VGA was set as default
- A little green tick should appear on it.
- Sound should now reappear on headphones
- Remove HDMI and screen will revert to normal all by itself!
I hope this helps someone!