Cannot import Zefania bible in 2.4.2.

I have a dutch bible in Zefanja format.
In 2.4.1 I could successfully import this bible. At a certain point it doesn't recongnize some bible books and a popup is shown in which I could choose the correct bible book.
So far so good.

However in 2.4.2 I cannot import this bible. It crashes at the point at which in 2.4.1 the popup was shown.

You probably can reproduce this behaviour with this bible:

Logfile:
2016-07-01 15:29:31,070 openlp.core.utils.actions                               WARNING  Shortcut "" is removed from "fileExitItem" because another action already uses this shortcut.
2016-07-01 15:29:31,110 openlp.core.utils.actions                               WARNING  Shortcut "" is removed from "settingsConfigureItem" because another action already uses this shortcut.
2016-07-01 15:29:31,125 openlp.core.utils.actions                               WARNING  Shortcut "F1" is removed from "onlineHelpItem" because another action already uses this shortcut.
2016-07-01 15:29:32,160 openlp.plugins.presentations.lib.impresscontroller      WARNING  Failed to get COM service manager. Impress Controller has been disabled
2016-07-01 15:31:31,836 openlp.plugins.bibles.lib.zefania                       ERROR    Error binding parameter 1 - probably unsupported type.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "openlp\plugins\bibles\lib\zefania.py", line 88, in do_import
  File "openlp\plugins\bibles\lib\db.py", line 321, in get_book_ref_id_by_name
  File "openlp\plugins\bibles\lib\db.py", line 897, in create_alternative_book_name
  File "openlp\plugins\bibles\lib\db.py", line 859, in run_sql
sqlite3.InterfaceError: Error binding parameter 1 - probably unsupported type.
2016-07-01 15:31:31,862 openlp.core.utils.__init__                              ERROR    Unable to delete file C:\BeamerSoftware\OpenLPPortable\Data\bibles\x.sqlite
  File "openlp\core\utils\__init__.py", line 358, in delete_file
PermissionError: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: 'C:\\BeamerSoftware\\OpenLPPortable\\Data\\bibles\\x.sqlite'
2016-07-01 15:31:34,323 openlp.core.utils.__init__                              ERROR    Unable to delete file C:\BeamerSoftware\OpenLPPortable\Data\bibles\x.sqlite
  File "openlp\core\utils\__init__.py", line 358, in delete_file
PermissionError: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: 'C:\\BeamerSoftware\\OpenLPPortable\\Data\\bibles\\x.sqlite'

Comments

• Hi Harold,
    The problem seems to be that multiple programs are trying to access a file at the same time. Please make sure that you only have one instance of OpenLP running!
    Also do not give the new imported bible a name of an existing bible.
    If your problem persists, close OpenLP and try to delete C:\BeamerSoftware\OpenLPPortable\Data\bibles\x.sqlite.
  • I think thats a bug too. I think that when the import fails it tries to remove the database and that fails because it is still in use by OpenLP.

After I manually delete the file x.sqlite the problem still occurs. Also when I name the bible y ;-)

You probably can reproduce this error in 2.4.2 with the bible I mentioned: https://sourceforge.net/projects/zefania-sharp/files/Bibles/NL/Dutch Statenvertaling/

• Hi Harold,

The import works as expected with OpenLP 2.4.2 for me, so the import should work as expected. I am on Linux though, so this could be a windows-only issue. Hopefully some other windows users can test this...
  • edited July 2016
    Hello Harold and welcome to the forums!

I tried to reproduce this issue in 64 bit Windows 8.1,
    I tested both, portable and non portable OpenLP builds. 
    but it works for me with the file you provided.

You could try to reboot your computer, and then trying to import it,
    thus making sure minimum amount of programs are running that
    could interfere with this process. (Such as unzipping program)

The other thing that comes to my mind is that you may may be using a user account
    which has limited rights to C: Drive (Non admin account), so you could try moving the installation
    to a D: drive or running the program with admin priviledges.

This is a long shot, but maybe your antivirus is
    trying to scan the file, thus resulting in "File is being used"?

If all else fails, you could try installing portable 2.4.1 and importing the Bible with it?
    You can easily copy the bible.sqlite file from your data folder to the 2.4.2 data folder.

Also, could you tell us what version of Windows are you running and is it 32 or 64 bit?
    Are you using the Dutch translation in OpenLP?

Cheers & hope this helps,

Azaziah
  • Hmm strange. I have Windows 10 64 bit. And I'm using the portable 2.4.2 version (also tested with non portalble version).

I have tried the import multiple times and on multiple days with reboots in between.
    I have tried the import on a different computer (also with Windows 10 64 bit).
    I have tried the import on serveral disks and paths.
    I have tried with run as admin.
    I have tested it with dutch and with english language settings.

Is there somewhere I can download 2.4.1 portable? 

• edited July 2016
    Here's the OpenLP compatible file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9y8rZiYItltbmRGNFFoXzFPZWM/view?usp=sharing

Just place it in to your OpenLP data folder > bibles.
    If you are unsure of how to find the data folder, go to "Tools > Open Data folder..."
    Please close OpenLP before you copy the file to Data folder.

Is your Data folder inside a Cloud folder? (Dropbox/Googe Drive/OneDrive) or a folder shared in any other way?
    This may be causing the issue.

You can find previous versions of OpenLP from: get.openlp.org

Thank you for the details,

Azaziah