Export Custom Formatting Tags

I now have 2 laptops running 2.4.3 and Windows 10. We share a data folder using Google Drive. It works great so far with no issues.

My question is this: How do I ensure that the custom formatting tags between the two laptops stay in sync? Is there a way to export them and then import them?

Comments

• Hi frtommy!

On Windows, custom formatting tags are stored in the HKCU (current user) registry hive, in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\OpenLP\OpenLP\formattingTags\html_tags

Here is a PowerShell module/script that you could use.
    Copy/paste the text below into something like notepad and save to a filename ending in .psm1 (I chose OLPCustTagsInOut.psm1).

function Export-OLPFormatReg {
    param(
       [Parameter(Mandatory=$True)]
       [string]$RegOutFilePath
    )

(Get-ItemProperty HKCU:\SOFTWARE\OpenLP\OpenLP\formattingTags -Name html_tags).html_tags | Out-File $RegOutFilePath
    }

function Import-OLPFormatReg {
    param(
       [Parameter(Mandatory=$True)]
       [string]$RegInFilePath
    )

$CustomFormattingTags = Get-Content $RegInFilePath
    Set-ItemProperty HKCU:\SOFTWARE\OpenLP\OpenLP\formattingTags -Name html_tags -Value $CustomFormattingTags -Type String
    }

Then from a PowerShell prompt on the source computer, enter (adjust filename/path as necessary):

Import-Module C:\PSModules\OLPCustTagsInOut.psm1
    Export-OLPFormatReg C:\Public\Documents\OlpCustTags.txt

Copy/create the PowerShell module and exported tags file to the target computer, then from a PowerShell prompt (again, adjust filename/path as necessary):

Import-Module C:\PSModules\OLPCustTagsInOut.psm1
    Import-OLPFormatReg C:\Public\Documents\OlpCustTags.txt

Hope that's helpful!

• Thanks @monyker

Just a note for anyone else who runs across this. In order to get the PowerShell Script to run I have to run PowerShell as Administrator and run the following line
    Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned -Scope CurrentUser

This sets the Execution policy on the computer to allow scripts to be run. It will prompt you with an are you sure and I selected A for Yes to All.

After that the script ran fine.

• Hi,
    Could someone please tell me where these formatting tags are located in a mac OS? Thanks. 
  • @simonranjith ; Try using the file->export->settings as described in the manual.  The Formatting tabs will be in the backup and can be restored to the same or another computer.