Malayalam Language in Live screen is displaying differently

I've created a Malayalam Bible database and it is opening correctly in the OpenLP application.  But the Preview and Live screen displays the font differently.  what to be done to display the font correctly in the live screen?

Comments

• I suggest you examine your template to see if it is using the correct font for your language.
  • Just in case you still need help, use Rachana or Meera as the font to display text. Both these fonts are free and you can download both of them from smc.org.in/fonts.
    In my case, I have the opposite problem. My slides are displayed correctly, while the App interface uses a bad font. I've looked for a way to change the interface font, but couldn't find any. Is there a way that end user can choose a custom font for the interface?

• The interface font is what your operating system sets, OpenLP doesn't set the interface font.
  • I have display issue for the Malayalam bible as described above. I tried using Rachana or Meera as the font to display text but still not quite right or not correctly. Any other suggestions please?
  • Tomyl,
    Where exactly are you facing font issue, on interface or on the slides. (I assume on the slides). In that case it could be easily solved. I don't remember the steps I followed to setup, but I remember that it wasn't very hard to change the font settings for the font.

Btw, I ended up using OpenSong as I OpenLP's song editor was broken for Indic text. I hope that someday the wonderful people who built openLP will fix the issue and at that point I'll consider moving into OpenLP. 

• Please see the image I uploaded while I was seeking a solution to my problem
    You need to create a new theme for Malayalam and configure it with appropriate fonts.
  • edited September 21
    Btw, I ended up using OpenSong as I OpenLP's song editor was broken for Indic text. I hope that someday the wonderful people who built openLP will fix the issue and at that point I'll consider moving into OpenLP.
    If you tell us how it is broken, perhaps we can look at how to fix it? Right now we don't know how it is broken, and because all of the developers speak Germanic languages, we don't encounter the problem. Without knowing what the problem is and how to recreate it, we can't see about fixing it.