Export of songs to .txt files

Hi All,

I need to export songs on Open LP 2.4  to .txt files (ie. xml to .txt).

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• If you gave us a little bit more information about why you need them in text format, and what they need to look like within the text file, someone might be able to help you.
  • edited January 2017
    Hello, I am importing them to Propresenter 6 which only accept text files (with headers for verse, chorus, bridge, vamp etc).

Thank again
  • I'm guessing that since this was posted back in January 2017 and no one has replied, we are on our own to convert the format. There are online converters but I haven't tried any of them yet. I will have to because I'm switching over to EasyWorship.
  • You could use this xslt file for this task. Just save this as a .xslt file (I have attached a copy, just rename to .xslt)   then maybe open the xml in MS word, it will have a browse button for .xslt file.  Thanks!!

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"  xmlns:lyrics="http://openlyrics.info/namespace/2009/song">
    <xsl:template match="lyrics:song">
    <html>
    <body>
    <h2><xsl:value-of select="lyrics:properties/lyrics:titles/lyrics:title"/></h2>
    <h5><xsl:value-of select="lyrics:properties/lyrics:authors/lyrics:author"/></h5>
    <xsl:for-each select="lyrics:lyrics/lyrics:verse">
    <h4><xsl:value-of select="@name"/>;</h4>
    <xsl:copy-of select="lyrics:lines"/><br/><br/><br/>
    </xsl:for-each>
    </body>
    </html>
    </xsl:template>
    </xsl:stylesheet>

• Hi folks, I'm new to OpenLP, and we're trying to adapt our current church setup to using it. Thanks @jluvme, your XML style-sheet template is a definite God-send for us - should hopefully help us greatly in producing the printed words-sheets for those of our congregation that struggle with reading from the screens.

Just one question, though: do you think it might be possible to adapt this style-sheet so that it will use the specified verse-order in the exported song to reproduce any repeated sections (e.g. choruses / refrains) in the appropriate positions? I tried with the attached version and it doesn't seem to do this. (Would try and work it out myself, but I'm not very familiar with XML style-sheet code...)
  • Hi @profskett have you tried printing the order of service, and setting "include words" in the options?
  • @profskett  What raoul is talking about is detailed in the manual.  I do this every Sunday for the exact reason you do and you have a few choices with the currently released version of OpenPL.

1. Use the `Copy` button in the Print Service window and paste into your word processor (Word, Writer,...) and modify from there.  If you do this I suggest you also set the option for a page break after each item.  This separates the songs into individual items.  I have found that a 24 pt font is readable for most of my congregation.
    2.  Modify the CSS to Bold all Headers and change the Default font size to a larger font.  Now you can print to PDF with the formatting or create a HTML file and copy the text from the HTML file into your word processor.  The `Copy` button doesn't keep the formatting changes in the CSS file.
    I modified the CSS file and use the print to PDF for a review of the service with the praise team and the pastor.  Then when all their changes are in I print only the songs from the PDF for the Congregation members that need the help.