[Feature Request] Webview Autoupdate

edited February 2017 in Development
Would it be possible to fix the main webview for remote, to properly update with PowerPoint slides that have animation? Every time we advance a slide, either the site does not update or if it does, you see a mid transition slide instead of the new one.

Could you either add an autorefresh timer, or fix the code, so that after a transition, the webview auto-refreshes/-updates?

Thanks.

Comments

• We are aware of issues with the remotes, but the "fix" is a much bigger job, so it will only be in a new version of OpenLP (as opposed to a bug fix release).
  • edited December 2020

Also encounterd this problem, in the Webview it lagged behind by one Powerpoint slide.. I will use the Webview/main for our livestream in OBS, until I find a better solution..

But for the problem, wouldn't it be enough to just validate if the two slideCounts match? This is no fix for the mid-animation-screenshots, but I think it is not effective to compare the screenshots in javascript.

Maybe there is a better solution, but it would really help all to have a fix:

Sorry for posting it here in the forum, but couldn't find the Webview-Remote from this Version 2.4.6 on gitlab