After upgrading to 2.4.5 the program displays crash pop-up when selecting most songs

edited February 2017 in Troubleshooting
After upgrading to 2.4.5 I get errors when selecting most songs.

I can view and edit a few songs (not all tested, though), but most result in an error window no matter what I try to do with them. Here is an example error listing:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "openlp\plugins\songs\lib\mediaitem.py", line 352, in on_edit_click
File "openlp\plugins\songs\forms\editsongform.py", line 518, in load_song
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id'

I didn't save a copy of the files when upgrading (to save disk space).

Now it looks like I cannot prepare a service plan for Sunday. Please help. Thanks

Comments

• edited February 2017
    @batmanjd please send a log file and your songs database to our support e-mail address. We can't guarantee we'll get it fixed by Sunday (we are all volunteers working in our spare time, which we don't have a lot of), but one of us will try to take a look before then.
  • Thanks Raoul.
    Thanks for looking at this.  I've sent the log file. I hope it helps.
    I completely understand that it is not reasonable to have it looked at before Sunday. I'll use a workaround, such as use OpenLP on a different computer and import or use other song files I have already.
    Many thanks.
  • I have noticed a correlation between the crash pop-up and the songs which are selected. The songs this occurs on have never been fully edited and checked in the sense that they do not all have verse orders. The songs which are OK are the more commonly used songs, which all have the verse order in place. I think that that is the only difference between them, since they will all have authors etc. 

Also, I have just updated from 4.2 to 4.4.5 without any intermediate updates.

Would the fact that the vast majority of the songs were originally imported some years ago from text files which were exported from another program have anything to do with the problem? I read some months ago that Joomla website sql databases were throwing up errors because of incorrectly formatted field which were imported, but the errors were not displayed until a recent version of sql(lite?) had changed to not hide but display those errors. I haven't got any links to this problem, but I wonder if it might be something along those lines. I suspect that it must be something that is not common since others haven't reported the problem. Would editing the sqlite database directly solve the problem (I've done that before for Joomla databases, although with some trepidation, but it has always worked).
  • Correction, I've since found a few songs without verse order which are OK, so my previous post can mostly be ignored.
  • I have just been able to get to my email now, and I see the email which was sent from support before I posted the comments above. 

Thank you so much for working on the songs file. It is really very much appreciated. The problem is fixed now. All is well. 

Thank you so much for your work in support of the Church, and for the help to myself and our ministry now too. I'm not sure to thank in person, but thank you again.
  • We are facing the same issue.  A large chunk of our database throws an error message when you select a song:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "openlp\core\ui\servicemanager.py", line 1613, in drop_event

File "openlp\core\common\registry.py", line 137, in execute

File "openlp\core\lib\plugin.py", line 264, in process_add_service_event

File "openlp\core\lib\mediamanageritem.py", line 558, in on_add_click

File "openlp\core\lib\mediamanageritem.py", line 579, in add_to_service

File "openlp\core\lib\mediamanageritem.py", line 618, in build_service_item

File "openlp\plugins\songs\lib\mediaitem.py", line 469, in generate_slide_data

File "openlp\plugins\songs\lib\openlyricsxml.py", line 272, in song_to_xml

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'

I thought that a section of the database had become corrupted and we have been working round it by readding songs as we find that they aren't working.  I thought that I would be able to restore an old version of the database and then just readd the new songs.  However, even if I returned to a database that is over 12 months I still encounter the same problems.

Do you have any suggestions to fix this problem?  Our worship leader will usually choose a response song based on the sermon rather than choosing it beforehand but now he is afraid to do this as he doesn't know whether it will work or not.

Thanks for all the hard work on openlp we find it to be a fantastic package.

• @blokie1982 Send your database to the support team and we'll have a look.
  • Thanks for your help.  I've sent the song database across to you.