I'm new to OpenLP and have a question about the language options that OpenLP provides. I'm a missionary inThailand and I've heard excellent things about this resource. I downloaded the latest version but I'm having trouble with the Thai Language format. There are random squares where there should be Thai characters and circles that seem behind other characters. Super strange to me. At first I thought it was because I didn't have the Thai keyboard downloaded onto to my computer but that didn't solve the problem either. There are a good number of Thai songs that OpenLP provide upon downloading the software but each song has these errors in them. Any solutions to this problem would be a great help!
1. Are you using a font in your theme that supports Thai characters?
2. If you type a song into OpenLP, do you still see the squares?
3. Do you know what the character encoding is that Thai uses? (UTF-8, etc)
If you don't know the answer to the last one, I'd suggest asking a developer or computer technician.
To answer your questions.
1. I am using a font in the theme that supports Thai characters.
2. I am still seeing squares when I type in Thai
3. The character encoding is UFT-8
Please let me know what other suggestions you have. Thanks!
Just wanted to check in and see if you found any solutions. Thanks!
I just want to clarify one thing, if you type Thai into the song editor, do you see blocks in the song editor too, or just the display?
I downloaded the Thai sample songs in Windows 10 and they seem to be working without any squares.
Could you also test this with one of the sample themes from the First Time Wizard?
(Try Blue-burst, I tried that one)