openlp.org 1.0 rc6

edited November -1 in Development

Please post your bug reports about openlp.org 1.0 RC6 here. Remember to read up on how to submit a bug report before posting your bug.

Comments

• edited December 2007

Here are the bugs that we know about in RC6:

• Video aspect ratio & video preview not working (these are related)
    • If a song is currently 'live', and a theme is edited, there are occasions
      when the main display vanishes when the theme is saved.
    • Non-blocking search has not been tested extensively yet.
    • Translation items need to be checked (I'm not sure if we have managed to get all the translatable text into the langauge file).
  • edited December 2007

I am unable to get an 'output' screen for the preview system at all. I have installed RC6 as a full installation on 2 computers, one running Win 98, and the other XP, and in both cases the preview output screen is blanked out to black. Am I missing something in setting it up?

As it happens, the computer I actually use for projection is still running RC5, so I do not really have a serious problem, but it would be nice to be able to use RC6.

Further to my comments above, I have got myself REALLY confused now. 

On the guess that the problem may have something to do with themes, I tried switching back to the Default Theme. 

I normally use a theme that is simply a white background with a black Times New Roman font with effects applied.

When I switched to the Default theme, the preview screen worked as expected.

Next I tried to edit my existing scheme to see what happened.

Now both the preview and live output screens show text, but as white letters on a black background (i.e. it is the inverse of what it should be).

Help! 

Still doing a great job, you guys; but I am still waiting for a version that will make me a cup of coffee whilst I am preaching!

• edited December 2007

With OpenLP.org 1.0 RC 6 (Upgraded Version) on Windows XP i experience the following problem:

•  If I edit any theme, the horizontal and vertical alignment will (just sometimes) be the default (center) and shadow and glow color will also sometimes be default (black).
    • When Importing Bibles and there is a book in the verses-cvs that is not listed in the books-cvs there is just a error "Book does not exist", not saying which book. I also experienced some database errors while importing, but I forgot them. Next time I will publish them here.
    • When displaying Bibles the abbreveation name of the bible and not the full name is shown on the slide, also the copyright is not shown.

Thank you for your great piece of software!

Patrick 

• edited December 2007

one more thing:

• In German we have many special characters like ä ö ü. Other languages do have them aswell (French, Nordic Languages, ...). It is atm possible to write them to the langugae file like that, but it would be (imho) better if we could use the html code like ä and so on. but this doesnt work right now. 
  • edited December 2007

In German we have many special characters like ä ö ü. Other languages do have them aswell (French, Nordic Languages, ...). It is atm possible to write them to the langugae file like that, but it would be (imho) better if we could use the html code like ä and so on. but this doesnt work right now.

You need to use the XML attributes, rather than the HTML attributes for those sort of letters. I will go and update the translation page now Wink.

• edited January 2008

When opening a PowerPoint (either from Media Manager or Order of Service), window focus moves to the PowerPoint slideshow window and doesn't return back to openlp.org. Therefore any keystrokes are going straight to PowerPoint and preventing openlp.org operator view from knowing to update its own display. Also when I alt-tab back to openlp.org, the order of service display has focus, rather than the 'Live' display.

Desired action: When opening a PowerPoint, focus should return to openlp.org and the 'Live' list of slides.

• edited January 2008

If I edit any theme, the horizontal and vertical alignment will (just
    sometimes) be the default (center) and shadow and glow color will also
    sometimes be default (black).

If you read a recent blog post of mine, you'll notice that the XML format of the themes has changed slightly. This is what is causing those issues. It should just be a simple matter of editing your themes and setting them up correctly, and saving them again.

• edited January 2008
    Here are my experiences when upgrading from RC5 to RC6 on Vista with Office 2007. Note I accept these may be one off's, and it might be difficult to track them down. However, I feel first impressions are important, and thought I should report them anyway.

1. Upgraded and ran option to start openlp.org after installer finished. No songs appeared in the songlist.

Edited themes to avoid problems.

I attempted to show a PowerPoint. When this failed, I realised that the output monitor was set to monitor 1.

Set it to Monitor 2. The primary monitor went black. Had to Alt-F4 openlp.org.

2. Restarted openlp.org, songs had now magically returned to the songlist.

Couldn't get anything to display on monitor 2 at all, even after playing with the various blank/disable screen options.

Ticked the "Blank screen: Show warning on starup"[sic] option. [note spelling mistake]

Closed and restarted.

The "Output disabled" warning appeared - On monitor 2! (Should be on monitor 1)

After re-enabling output, had no more problems.

3. Showed a song. Showed a PowerPoint (from oos)

Showed another song via Go Live on Song list. This took an unusually long time to show... perhaps due to closing PPT show.

Changed the 'Blue' theme to fix alignment.

Added song to oos.

Attempted to show it, but from this point on got error dialog

"Presentation (Unknown member): Invalid request. There is currently no slide show view for this presentation"

(The message is actually correct, since no powerpoint was being displayed or was attempting to be displayed at this point. PPT was still open)

Couldn't get any song to display from this point on. Restarted openlp.org.

4. I couldn't get any changes to the alignment to save on the blue theme. Kept reverting to Top/Left.

Ended up adding a new theme.

• edited January 2008
    When searching for a song by "Title", if a song has two authors then it appears in the search results twice, once for each author.
  • edited January 2008

Disabled screen is re-enabled if changes are made to themes in Options->Settings

Steps:

• Disable screen output (using the "Temporarily hide the display output" button)
    • Go into options -> settings
    • Change something on the theme tab (I went from "Use global default theme", to "Use song theme" and also changed the default theme)
    • The output screen is suddenly re-enabled when OK is clicked.
    • It is then also necessary to click the disable button twice to hide it again
  • edited January 2008

Don't think this one will occur very often, since there probably aren't many one line songs!

However if you have a song with only one line of lyrics, and there is no carriage return at the end of that line, when presenting the song you get a "List index out of bounds(0)" error.

Adding a carriage return at the end of the line fixes it.

Also after editing a song, the scrolling region is off by one... the song after the one edited appears at the top of the visible region. (The correct one remains selected now though which is good)

• edited January 2008

In Options->Settings, set Theme Option to 'Use song themes', and OK out.

In the Order of Service panel click the button to open a .oos.

After opening, attempt to change the OOS theme (click the [v] on the combo box)

Get a "List index out of bounds (-1) " error.

(Also on occassion openlp.org has prompted me to save the .oos when I first attempt to open a .oos... i.e. when there is nothing in the current oos. However I haven't been able to repeat this, can anyone else?)

• edited January 2008
    Minor cosmetic: The song wizard first page refers to 'OpenLP' twice, rather than 'openlp.org'.