remote control isn´t working with windows 10

Version of OpenLP
2_4_6
Operating system
Windows 10
Hi
we are using version 2.4.6 on windows 10.

since we upgraded from win7 to win10, the remote control plug-in stoped working.

it feels like we have tryed everything, but can´t figure out why it´s not working.

any ides?

Comments

• Could you be more descriptive about the problem?  Is the plug-in unavailable?  Does it crash?  Does the remote fail to connect?  Does the remote viewer crash?  Some other problem?
  • Are you using the web remote, the Android remote or the iOS remote?
  • I had the same problem, tweaking the firewall settings on the church computer solved it.
  • Hkonsig, can you explain for me how to do that. We have tried but hasn´t benne sure what to do.

to descibe the problem more? well. the plug-in is activated, and every thing work just fine on Win8 BUT when we change to Win10, Nothing with the remote plug-in work.
    the webbrowser says that there is no page to be open.
    The andriod remote app can´t find a server.

so basicly i can´t connect to openLP. either it´s not sending anything or the firewall blocks it.
    even if i try to connect to the web remote on the same computer as a use as transmitter I can´t connect
  • edited June 19
    I apologize for my late answer to your post.
    Search your computer for "Advanced Firewall settings", check that Openlp.exe is allowed to connect to outside connections. It may be several instances, allow them all.
  • Hi everyone,

Since this is my first post in this forums I would like to start with thanking you for putting all the effort into this awesome software! We use it a lot in our church :)

So, we had a problem like this in our church, ie. we could not use the remote controller. At first I thought it was a problem with firewall settings, but OpenLP didn't even seemed to be bound to a port (didn't show up in netstat /a /b). It turned out to be caused by the name of the computer. It contained non-english characters (it was 'Vetítő'). Checking the name of your computer should be worth a try.

If OpenLP shows up when running "netstat /a /b" in a command prompt, then you have some different problem.

God bless you all,
    Laszlo
  • Hi
    A old post I see and didn't know if it is solved. I had a problem like that and it was a problem with public and private network. Check if your network is private and not public. 
    Hope it can help someone. 
    God bless you all
    Threep