New User Questions

Hello. I'm fairly new to OpenLP and I have a couple of questions. 

1.  How do you get back to the service once you've clicked the black screen or show desktop icon?

2.  How do you stop a PowerPoint  presentation?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Comments

• Ideally, you're using 2 screens with OpenLP (ie. computer screen & a projector or large TV).  One to control the output, and one to actually display the output.  If you're using only 1 screen is when you run into the above issues.

Tips: Press . (period key) to turn Black Screen on and off.  Press D to show/hide Desktop.  Press T to toggle Theme Only.  I haven't used PowerPoint with only 1 screen, but I think if you press ESC you can quit showing it.  If that doesn't work, press the left or right arrow key to navigate back/forward one item in the service manager.
  • We are connected to a projector.  

Thanks for the tip on the period for black screen toggle.
    ESC doesn't seem to work for ending a PowerPoint presentation. The only way we found to end it (other than moving to a different item) was to right-click on the PowerPoint icon in the taskbar and exit PowerPoint. 
    We weren't able to get T to go to Theme, but that's not a big deal.

Thanks again for the help. 
  • I believe the T button only works on Songs, Bible, and Custom Slide types in OpenLP. Check the link Raoul provided above. There's lots of good info there.

I'm glad you figured out how to end the PowerPoint slides. Let us know if/when you have other questions!
  • I thought that might be the case with the T button.

I've read quite a.bit of.the manual, but there's always something new to learn. I try to exhaust all other avenues before asking questions.  I will definitely be hitting up the forum if/when I have questions I.can't find answers for.