We're considering switching rom EasyWorship to OpenLP.

We're considering switching rom EasyWorship to OpenLP. I need to convince the decision makers that OpenLP is a stable product. I need to answer basic question such as : How long has it been a product? How many churches use OpenLP? How stable is the program in Windows? I need to know for sure that we will have a seamless transition from EasyWorship to OpenLP. Please advise. Thank you!

Comments

• 1. According to Wikipedia (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenLP) OpenLP's first stable release was 13 years ago.

2. This is an OpenLP forum, so you're going to get biased responses. Having said that, our church has used it since day one (we're a newish church plant, about 1.5 years old). I was heavily involved in the decision making, and I remember looking at Easy Worship as an option. I didn't like it, honestly, although I can't recall why. OpenLP has been reliable and intuitive for me. The only crashes I've seen have actually been due to hardware failure (and thus not OpenLP's fault). It's very stable and has a number of import options.  Additionally, there are a number of us regularly active on the forum to handle user questions & troubleshooting. 

Hope this helps!

May I ask why you're considering making the change?