Problem with Themes

Version of OpenLP
2_4_6
Operating system
Windows 10
Recently created themes not appearing in Theme Manager though present in OpenLPdata/Themes. 
Created new (seasonal) theme by copying an old theme and changing the picture.  Theme appeared briefly in Theme Manager then disappeared. I tried exporting and deleting a few themes thinking I may have too many; didn't help.  I get no error message, just no theme.  Appreciate your help.

Comments

• Very strange.  Try this to make sure you have system permission to update & change themes (requires Administrator privileges):

Make sure OpenLP is closed.  Open Windows File Explorer (WIN + e).  Copy the following and paste it into the address bar at the top, then press ENTER

%AppData%\openlp\data\

That should take you to OpenLP's data folder.  Right click on themes and choose Properties.  Click the Security tab then click the Edit button.  Select your user account under Group or user names then click the Allow checkbox (1st column) on the Full Control line.  Press the OK buttons to confirm the changes.  Start OpenLP and see if you can create/edit themes and also make sure to close & restart OpenLP and see if the changes were actually saved.
  • Hi There,

I've checked permissions but still happening.  Data file is shared via a google drive folder so not sure if this is part of the problem?

AndyG
  • @Flangehed are you @wildo5053?

Can you pause syncing with Google Drive and see if this still happens?
  • It looks like OpenLP is sometimes failing to make a png in the themes folder such that OpenLP can't see it as a theme but will not allow creation of a theme with the same name saying it already exists.  I'll try with syncing disabled now but it is intermittent which could suggest syncing is the problem.
  • I have found that creating a png in the themes folder with the same name as the missing theme restores access and allows editing/application of the theme.  hope this helps!
  • I have found that creating a png in the themes folder with the same name as the missing theme restores access and allows editing/application of the theme.  hope this helps!
  • Sorry, just read your first post properly and no, I'm not @wildo5053
  • We really don't recommend setting your data folder to a folder used by Dropbox or Google Drive (or other file-sharing systems) because of problems like this.
  • a minha caixa de entrada não está funcionando por isso vou perguntar aqui...
    O meu Open os temas não está funcionando coloco os temas transparente e fica preto, e meus textos ficam acumulados, fica um em cima do outro. 
    o que eu devo fazer???
  • ^ Translation via Google (Portuguese):
    My inbox is not working so I'll ask here ...
    My Open themes are not working I put the themes transparent and it turns black, and my texts get accumulated, it stays one on top of the other.
    What should I do???

@Paulo_Reis, you are having a different problem than the one being discussed here.  Please create a new thread in English, or else in the Portuguese thread. Cheers!

Tradução em português através do Google:

Paulo_Reis, você está tendo um problema diferente do que está sendo discutido aqui. Crie um novo tópico em inglês, ou então no tópico português. Felicidades!
  • Hi @raoul,  realise jts not recommended but it is a consequence of having of living far enough away from the church building and not being there every Sunday to add new songs, etc.
  • Hi everyone! I am New here I am failing to pen up the program on my tablet.  Does it only work on desktop or laptop?