Note: The forums are currently unable to send e-mails. This is being worked on, but until it is fixed, you will be unable to post to the forums. Please contact us in IRC to enable your account for posting.
Retain image on song change
I am new to OpenLP, basically looking for a final solution for our community needs. For now, we use very simple presentation software, but we would like to shift to something new that would provide musicians with chords view.
OpenLP is awesome! It supports custom stages (I am frontend developer, so something really close to me), so chords view is already solved. But basic usage confuses me a lot. What I am used to for now is very simple usage:
1. search for a song, double-click on it will move it to preview
2. search for background image, double-click will move it to preview (under song lyrics)
3. double-click on preview will go live
4. in live view, I can simply click on a verse and it will replace current lyrics (but background image retains)
And this is a feature that seems to be missing in OpenLP. We really are so spontaneous during worship, that we don't have all service prepared in advance. Nevermind, because one can simply add new song to service manager and then push it live. But anyhow I try, I don't see any option to pick a background image along with song. Options I found:
1. find image in media manager and click Replace live background (but image disappears after new song)
2. use Theme Manager, but I really only want to replace background image and this managers asks me for font sizes, alignments, etc. Really not handy.