Note: The forums are currently unable to send e-mails. This is being worked on, but until it is fixed, you will be unable to post to the forums. Please contact us in IRC to enable your account for posting.

Blank to Theme icon not available on 2.4

I just upgraded from 2.0 to 2.4. I had some issues with presentations but have worked thru them. My problem now is I do not have a icon for the "Blank to Theme" in the live panel. "Blank Theme" and "Show Desktop" are both there. How can I get this icon back.

Comments

• I'm not sure what you mean. The Blank to Theme feature is still there. Have you tried clicking the buttons to see what they do?
  • I understand that the feature might still be there. I have used OpenLP for a few years now so I am aware of what each button does. When I open the program all I have are the left and right green arrows, blank screen icon, and show desktop icon. There is no theme icon which there should be. 

Hiw is can I get that back?
  • Load an item that uses a theme into the slide controller. Items that use themes are songs, Bible verses and custom slides.
  • I have already done that. The themes for those type work. I am taking about the theme you can switch to when profexting the service. Normally we will change the projector to a theme while we switch between presentations. 
  • Selecting a song and placing it live did bring up the blank to theme button. The problem is when I run a presentation there is no option for this. In the last version of OpenLP we were able to toggle to a theme and then switch presentations. If this is not possible in version 2.4.6 then can I find an earlier version.
  • Presentations don't really use themes, and they're not presented through OpenLP anyway (3rd party integration is used, such as PowerPoint, Impress, etc).  I believe in the past it was a bug that allowed the Theme toggle to appear while a presentation was being displayed.  I recall that trying to toggle the theme view during a presentation resulted in an immediate crash of OpenLP, although I don't recall if I was using Windows 7 or Ubuntu or Windows 10.

If you need to show theme-only to switch presentations, put a blank slide at the start/end of your presentations.  Alternatively, you can create a Custom Slide with no text and apply a desired theme to it, then place it in the service manager between the two presentations.  If your "theme-only" view is black, use the "Blank to Black" (period) toggle.
  • Thanks, miLon, for the response. I have already created a workaround for the theme.

We have been using OpenLP for 2 or 3 years now and utilizing the blank to theme button to toggle between presentations, movies, and songs with no crashes. If that was a bug it was one that did not need to be fixed. Maybe this is something that the designers can look at reinstating in the future.