Option for small olz file and local media file with large media

Version of OpenLP
2_4_6
Operating system
Windows 10
We prepare our service files off site and save them in Dropbox. Whenever we have a video to show, the service file grows to included the video, making them unwieldy in Dropbox. We never know if the Dropbox sync will be fast enough over a relatively slow connection. So I normally bring the video on a USB key and load it in just before the service. Herein lies a training problem as we have a number of folks running services who are not comfortable with setting up services. (Once a service file is loaded, they run a service from a numeric keypad that has only the necessary keys)

So I've tried the trick of a custom slide and custom formatting tags {video}filename.m4v{/video} to show the video. It works at home, so will probably work at church.

It might be useful to allow for loading local media as a file reference rather than storing the whole thing in the service file.

My custom formatting tags: {video} is <video width="100%" controls="" autoplay="autoplay"><source src="file:///Users/jamie/Movies/
{/video} is " type="video/mp4" /></video>

It is so great to have the possibility of such 'hacks'

Comments