I have been working on a Planning Center Online plugin for OpenLP 2.4.6. It's now ready to see if others can use it.
You can download the 0.1 beta release at:
If you use Planning Center Online and want to try OpenLP with it, give this a whirl and let me know if it works for you. I've been using it myself for the past 2 weeks.
Release Notes are below:
This is the first beta release of the Planning Center Online plugin for OpenLP.
- Unzip the planningcenter.zip file into your Planning Center plugins folder, keeping the planningcenter folder intact.
- Start OpenLP
- Verify and activate the planningcenter plugin in the Settings->Manage Plugins menu.
- Right click on OpenLP in the Applications Folder and select "Show Package Contents"
- Unzip the planningcenter.zip file inside of the OpenLP application at Contents/MacOS/plugins, keeping the planningcenter folder intact.
- Select the File->Import->Planning Center Service menu.
- Setup your authentication keys, following the directions in the GUI.
- Import Services
- Turn off the "Import missing songs from service files" configuration
in the Songs plugin. You will get strange results if you (a) import a
song, (b). change the song lyrics on Planning Center, (c) import the song again, (d)
edit the song. You will display the correct lyrics in the Service
Manager but if you try and "edit" the song from the ServiceManager, then
you will be editing the original lyrics, not the updated ones. You are
better off depending on PCO as your song database if you use this
Currently Supported Features:
- Importing Lyrics from Planning Center songs that are added to a service (no verse order or other media support currently)
- Importing slides as Custom Slides. Note: the V2 API does not have
support for getting the content added to slides on Planning Center.
While PCO is discussing adding this back into the V2 API, they do not
intend to continue to have support for editing these slides in the
Services Web GUI sometime in 2019. So... this plugin just replicates
the titles of any slides onto a single-page custom slide.
- Updating Service. This updates the current service in OpenLP with a
new copy from Planning Center Online, keeping any edits you've made
since you Imported it earlier. The use case here is that you are
updating Custom Slides while the band is off working on rehearsals.
After rehearsals, you can use the "update" feature to pull in any lyric
or song-order updates without overwriting your custom slide updates.
Note: if a song or custom slide is removed from Planning Center, it will also be removed from OpenLP, even if you have updated it.