(Kindly direct me if there is already a post/section for this)
I've been using OpenLP for about 5 years and would like to make some tutorials for the public. I thought I would ask here for some suggested topics and provide the published materials for public use. I would like to make these short and single minded video lessons (less than 5 minutes, 1 basic goal per lesson).
Kindly share any topics and please mention difficulty level in your suggestion. Here is what I have planned so far:
- A User interface walk-through and general explanation of What can be accomplished with OpenLP
- A project-based tutorial - Creating a Service/Event/Presentation from start to finish
- A number of basic tutorials to help beginners (the menu, the library panel, the preview/live panel, etc.)
- A set of more focused mini-lessons that explore features in more detail Here are some examples I though of:
- Using the Remote feature
- Creating a theme
- Working with Custom Slides
The materials would be provided for free for use/sharing. I like OpenLP and think this can be my way of contributing. I just want to see if I can get some input/feedback first.
So - what topics do you think would be good to cover? Any suggestions on format? Where should this be posted (Youtube/Vimeo, etc)? What's a smart way to ensure that translation works well (use YouTube Captions or offer the silent video for other users to create other narrations & reUpload)?)