This plugin does not support propagateSizeHints()

Comments

• Hello, I have the same problem for ubuntu 18.04, but installing python3-disutils doesn't solve my problem. When I am running openlp (trying to start the program in terminal), all I got is: 'This plugin does not support propagateSizeHints()'

Ideas and suggestions? Thanks

• @ipstone the best thing to do is to generate a debug log file, and upload it here for us to look at.

http://manual.openlp.org/troubleshooting.html#linux-freebsd
  • Thanks, will do so tonight! BTW, on my other arch linux laptop, it works great - somehow arch just works most of the time!
  • hi Raoul, I just started openlp with the debug option to log: @:~$ ./openlp.pyw -l debug
    But the launching terminal went to halt (as before), checking the log file at ~/.cache/openlp/openlp.log, all I got is: 

2019-04-12 20:47:37,652 openlp.core.common.registry                             INFO     Registry Initialising
    2019-04-12 20:47:37,653 openlp.core.utils.__init__                              INFO     Openlp version 2.4.6
    2019-04-12 20:47:37,653 openlp.core.OpenLP                                      DEBUG    Entering is_already_running
    2019-04-12 20:47:37,671 openlp.core.OpenLP                                      DEBUG    Entering event
    2019-04-12 20:47:37,671 openlp.core.OpenLP                                      DEBUG    Entering event

I am using a thinkpad x1 yoga (1st gen) with hiDPI (high resolution display) - might that have something with this problem? Or because it matters with with Xorg vs. X11 I use?

• @ipstone Are you using OpenLP from the repositories (i.e. installed via apt-get) or from a downloaded version? If you downloaded OpenLP (which I guess is why you are using "./openlp.pyw"), then you need to make sure you have all the dependencies that OpenLP needs.

Personally, I would just install OpenLP from the Ubuntu repositories, that should get everything sorted out.