This plugin does not support propagateSizeHints()

Comments

• Hello, I have the same problem for ubuntu 18.04, but installing python3-disutils doesn't solve my problem. When I am running openlp (trying to start the program in terminal), all I got is: 'This plugin does not support propagateSizeHints()'

Ideas and suggestions? Thanks

• @ipstone the best thing to do is to generate a debug log file, and upload it here for us to look at.

http://manual.openlp.org/troubleshooting.html#linux-freebsd
  • Thanks, will do so tonight! BTW, on my other arch linux laptop, it works great - somehow arch just works most of the time!
  • hi Raoul, I just started openlp with the debug option to log: @:~$ ./openlp.pyw -l debug
    But the launching terminal went to halt (as before), checking the log file at ~/.cache/openlp/openlp.log, all I got is: 

2019-04-12 20:47:37,652 openlp.core.common.registry                             INFO     Registry Initialising
    2019-04-12 20:47:37,653 openlp.core.utils.__init__                              INFO     Openlp version 2.4.6
    2019-04-12 20:47:37,653 openlp.core.OpenLP                                      DEBUG    Entering is_already_running
    2019-04-12 20:47:37,671 openlp.core.OpenLP                                      DEBUG    Entering event
    2019-04-12 20:47:37,671 openlp.core.OpenLP                                      DEBUG    Entering event

I am using a thinkpad x1 yoga (1st gen) with hiDPI (high resolution display) - might that have something with this problem? Or because it matters with with Xorg vs. X11 I use?

• @ipstone Are you using OpenLP from the repositories (i.e. installed via apt-get) or from a downloaded version? If you downloaded OpenLP (which I guess is why you are using "./openlp.pyw"), then you need to make sure you have all the dependencies that OpenLP needs.

Personally, I would just install OpenLP from the Ubuntu repositories, that should get everything sorted out.
  • Hi @raoul, I installed openlp through the official repo (via apt).
    For the moment, because openlp wouldn't be launched on ubuntu 18.04, I am using a mac temporarily. 
    Somehow arch linux just worked out of box, I think it's the ubuntu setup or library etc. issues ...

Thanks
  • @ipstone If you installed OpenLP from your package manager, you should run:
    openlp -l debug
    (that's a lowercase L)

OpenLP should output where it is logging to.

I just had an odd thought. How old is the computer you're using to run OpenLP? Some of the older computers don't support OpenGL, which is something that OpenLP requires. If your computer is too old (although most computers these days, even the old ones, should support OpenGL out of the box), it may not support OpenGL.