Logitech remotes

Can anyone help me?  My older logitech presenter rem ote works fine with OpenLP - goes to next slide in both songs and presentations.  But my new Logitech R500, when pressing the next slide button, goes to the next item in the service. The R500 works fine and as it should in other presentation programs, but not in OpenLP.  I probably need to reconfigure the shortcuts, but I need to know what to do before I change anything.

Comments

• OpenLP uses the up and down keys to move from slide to slide.  The remote appears to be sending the left and right key codes. 

In the 'Configure Shortcuts' under 'Live Toolbar' you can change the 'Next slide' and 'Previous slide' short cuts to the left and the right keys, then change the 'Previous Service' and 'Next Service' to the 'Up' and 'Down' keys.  

Remember that you can always restore the default Shortcuts if something goes wrong!

You will need to change the settings in the following order:
    Configure ShortCuts ->  Live Toolbar:
        Previous Service - Change to Custom and delete the current setting by selecting the 'X' to the right of the box that says ''.
        Next Service - Change to Custom and delete the current setting.
        Previous Slide - Select the Custom button, select the button that says 'Up' and press the left arrow on the keyboard.
        Next Slide - Select the Custom button, select the button that says 'Down' and press the right arrow on the keyboard.
        Previous Service - Select the Custom button, select the button to the left of the 'X' you used to delete the original 'Left' and press the up arrow on the keyboard.
        Next Service - Select the Custom button, select the button to the left of the 'X' you used to delete the original 'Right' and press the down arrow on the keyboard.

Now review your changes and if they look right select the OK button.

Your remote should be working in OpenLP as expected.
  • Thanks, JohnM.  I've checked the shortcuts, and at the moment the appropriate keyes work as they should: down arrow for next slide, up arrow for previous; right/left arrows for next/previous service item. When I select the X button to change that key stroke, a box pops up telling me that shortcut is already in use and I need to choose another key. That happens with pretty much every one I try to change.  In any case, if I change the shortcuts as you suggested, that will change the 'normal' actions of the arrow keys when not using the remote. I'm not sure that's what I need! The problem seems to be related to a difference between the two Logitech remotes, and even then, only on OpenLP. They both behave the same on Powerpoint and in Easyworship. 
  • The new Logitech remote you have has a configuration application that will allow you change the keys it sends when you press the buttons.  You could try using that application.

I'm not sure about Easyworship, but I know PowerPoint will accept multiple keys to move the slide deck forwards and backwards.   For example; the space bar, right arrow and down arrow all move to the next slide in PowerPoint.  You should be able to make a change to what your remote is sending without any impact to PowerPoint by using the Logitech remote application.