I'm considering ditching EasyWorship because of the cost. OpenLP 2.4.6 seems to fit the bill for what we need - it's got most of the features that we're using in EW 2019 and we can cope without the remaining few.
As I start the changeover, I've successfully imported the song database from EW, and I'm now looking at the other things. (I've looked at the manual and the forums, but haven't come up with answers to the following questions, and would welcome any advice.
- Is there a way to add all the pictures that we currently have in EW in one go? They exist as .png or .jpg files in the EW database directories. Can I simply copy the files into an appropriate OpenLP folder somewhere, or do I have to add them inside OpenLP one at a time?
- A similar question arises for videos, though we have fewer of them, so if I have to add them one at a time I could cope with that, though I hope I don't have to.
- A similar question arises for the theme that we use - one we created ourselves - in EW? I suspect there isn't, and I'll have to recreate it by hand. (Fortunately, we only use one theme!)
- In EW, we had created a number of slides of text that is used fairly often. We had created them as "songs" because that was the only way to do it. They have been imported into OpenLP as songs. OpenLP has a library of Custom Slides which I think is designed specifically for this purpose. Is it possible to "move" a Song across into the Custom Slides Library?
- Finally (at this stage, though I'm sure I'll have more questions later!), I presume it's not possible to import a Bible from EW 2019 into OpenLP. Is that right?