[REJECTED] Simplify Language-Files

edited 4:43PM in Development

hey devs,

I'm currently translating openlp.org to German and I found that many strings have duplicates:

102:<QuickSearchButton Caption="Search" />
105:<FullSearchButton Caption="Search" />
124:<SearchButton Caption="Search" />

- I don't think there need to be two different captions anyways.

78:<lvSongs Hint="Click and drag a song to the Order of Service or right click to view this song live immediately." />
81:<lvPPT Hint="Right click to add presentation to Order of Service or view live." />
84:<VideoListView Hint="Right click to add video to Order of Service." />
88:<lvImages Hint="Right click to add image to Order of Service." />

- One could use "Item" and use the same entry for these three.

74:<LyricsAddItem Caption="Add to Order of Service" Hint="Add the selected song to the Order of Service" />
87:<ImageAddItem Caption="Add to Order of Service" Hint="Add the selected image to the Order of Service" />
93:<LyricsAddToOrderItem Caption="Add to Order of Service" Hint="Add the selected item to the order of service" />
109:<PowerpointAddItem Caption="Add to Order of Service" Hint="Add the selected Powerpoint presentation to the Order of Service" />
116:<AddToOosItem Caption="Add to Order of Service" Hint="Add the selected verses to the order of service" />

- Same here: "Item" could be used

The same goes for the "Delete", "Edit", "Load", the "Go Live" and probably some more elements.

It'd make translating a lot easier. Cool

Just my two cents.

Patrick

Comments

• edited June 2008

Hi Patrick,

I understand where you're coming from, but we'd have to write a whole bunch of code to take your suggestion into account. At the moment, we have one method which translates the whole application. If we were to implement your idea, we'd have to go to each and every window in openlp.org and write some additional code.

So unfortunately, in this case, I'm going to have to say, "no." Thanks for the suggestion though, we appreciate it, and we'll keep it in mind should we find an easier way of doing things.

• edited June 2008

Hi raoul,

from your answer I understand that this is not a minor issue. If its not just a replace all for these strings, leave it like that. I just hoped to make it easier to translate.

Thanks for all the good work!

Patrick