Mac 2.9.1 won't open

I created a new volume on my MacBook Pro and installed Catalina (10.15.4). I then downloaded the Mac installer for 2.9.0 and 2.9.1. I was able to create the app but when I try to open the app, I get the message that "This file is damaged and cannot be opened and should be deleted". Anything else I should be doing? 

Comments

• We're trying to figure out what the problem is. Currently we can run OpenLP on the computer it is built on, but other computers show the message you posted. Having said that, running the actual binary (OpenLP.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenLP) does work, so it's something in the app configuration.
  • I tried that and got the same message. I am going to try creating a new volume and install Mojave as the OS and then try downloading 2.9.1 again. Will let you know what happens.
  • edited June 10
    Hi, also trying this and got the same complaint.

Found this, which may be helpful in the short run:

*** Edit *** Tried the recommendations on the website linked and, apart from removing the warning, didn't fix anything. Popped up an unpopulated prompt window twice and then asked for me to allow OpenLP through the firewall. I'm running on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. Thought I would try out the Alpha on my personal Mac to see any UI changes before trialing it in portable format on a Windows machine.
  • Tried running it from inside the app package after running the command in the website I linked on the executable inside the package. Got the following information in a Terminal window:

2020-06-10 17:19:50.279 OpenLP[8803:489737] It does not make sense to draw an image when [NSGraphicsContext currentContext] is nil.  This is a programming error. Break on void _NSWarnForDrawingImageWithNoCurrentContext(void) to debug.  This will be logged only once.  This may break in the future.
    Qt WebEngine resources not found at . Trying parent directory...
    Qt WebEngine resources not found at /Applications/OpenLP.app/Contents/MacOS/PyQt5/Qt. Trying application directory...
    Installed Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location /qtwebengine_locales. Trying application directory...
    Setting up log file: /Users/AdamB/Library/Application Support/openlp/libreofficeserver.log
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/Applications/OpenLP.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/presentations/lib/libreofficeserver.py", line 46, in <module>
        from serializers import register_classes
      File "/Applications/OpenLP.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/presentations/lib/serializers.py", line 29, in <module>
        from Pyro4.util import SerializerBase
    ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'Pyro4'

Does this want sharing as a bug for MacOS Mojave somewhere else or will here get it escalated appropriately?
  • @Aberads thanks for sharing that. Nope, I'll take it from here, thank you!
  • The .dmg opens without a problem, but it always did, but I still get the message (this app is damaged and should be deleted) when trying to open the app, whether opening the app or using Contents>MacOS>OpenLP. That happened in Catalina. Will also try it in Mojave.
  • Still struggling to get OpenLP 2.9.1 to open. Still getting the error message below. Tried running the top level package and the executable inside the package. Will try running from the Terminal and see what error messages I get.

• edited June 18
    So, on running the executable from inside the package, using the Terminal to initiate, I got the following on the terminal:
    2020-06-18 20:36:02.721 OpenLP[9532:509433] It does not make sense 
    to draw an image when [NSGraphicsContext currentContext] is nil.  This 
    is a programming error. Break on void 
    _NSWarnForDrawingImageWithNoCurrentContext(void) to debug.  This will be
     logged only once.  This may break in the future.
    The window opened by doing so was as below:
    Seemingly no opportunity to Select Translation.
    On clicking to close that window, OpenLP closes.
    On re-running Open LP and 'guessing' where the OK button is the following window pops-up:

The Terminal shows no additional information from the first attempt at opening. Appears that the default language was obviously Spanish/Portugese/Italian (I don't know which...)
    Tried to guess my way through the initial setup, but obviously hit the wrong button as it closed me out again.

Managed to guess my way through the setup, and got the following on the Terminal:
    2020-06-18 20:46:21.277 OpenLP[9610:516115] It does not make sense to draw an image when [NSGraphicsContext currentContext] is nil.  This is a programming error. Break on void _NSWarnForDrawingImageWithNoCurrentContext(void) to debug.  This will be logged only once.  This may break in the future.
    Qt WebEngine resources not found at /Applications/OpenLP.app/Contents/MacOS/PyQt5/Qt. Trying application directory...
    Installed Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location /qtwebengine_locales. Trying application directory...
    Setting up log file: /Users/AdamB/Library/Application Support/openlp/libreofficeserver.log
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/Applications/OpenLP.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/presentations/lib/libreofficeserver.py", line 46, in <module>
    from serializers import register_classes
    File "/Applications/OpenLP.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/presentations/lib/serializers.py", line 29, in <module>
    from Pyro4.util import SerializerBase
    ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'Pyro4'

• I just dowloaded the dmg file successfully and I was able to mount the downloaded file.

But when I tried to copy it to my applications folder, I was first warned that I had an older copy of OpenLP in the folder. I replied that I wanted to keep both copies. It renamed the new version OpenLP 2. I added '.91' and then tried to run the new version.

I was presented with the same 'OpenLP is damaged' error as above.

I think that you knew all that, but I'm reporting another occurrence.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  • edited June 23
    Due to the mention of libreoffice in the Terminal trace posted above, have uninstalled LibreOffice from my system, as I just had issues opening LO whilst trying to load OpenLP. When opening the executable file from inside the OpenLP package and guessing my way through all of the prompts which display no drop downs or buttons, I have got to this:

Terminal trace says the following:
    2020-06-23 14:43:54.212 OpenLP[2517:217266] It does not make sense to draw an image when [NSGraphicsContext currentContext] is nil.  This is a programming error. Break on void _NSWarnForDrawingImageWithNoCurrentContext(void) to debug.  This will be logged only once.  This may break in the future.
    This is on a precompiled, packaged application dragged and dropped from the install dmg. At least it opens, but I would like to be able to have LibreOffice on my machine as well as OpenLP.

None of the pop-up dialogs, including the preferences pane show me any controls. Still running on MacOS Mojave.
  • edited June 30
    I was seeing something similar on the build machine. It seems to be a library incompatibility somewhere.
  • We've been investigating a new way of doing mac builds, if you want to try a new (hopefully working) build, try downloading it from here: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/OpenLP/openlp-u6hnj/builds/34020039/job/rljc20x4vnldifxj/artifacts

• Thanks. I am now able to open OpenLP but a dialog box titled "Select translation" appears which is empty. If I close that dialog (the red button), then OpenLP quits. So although I no longer get the message that the file is damaged, If I hit "Return" at that box, then a new box title "First Time Wizard" which is also blank, and hitting "Return" at that time just reloads the same blank dialog box. So although the problem of a damaged app is fixed, I am still not able to open OpenLP.