I had OpenLP 2.4.6 working on Linux Mint 20.1 Xfce, but I've goofed it up!

Here is the error I get when running openlp from the Terminal:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/bin/openlp", line 44, in <module>

main()

File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/__init__.py", line 437, in main

sys.exit(application.run(qt_args))

File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/__init__.py", line 142, in run

Registry().execute('bootstrap_initialise')

File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/common/registry.py", line 137, in execute

result = function(*args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/lib/pluginmanager.py", line 68, in bootstrap_initialise

self.initialise_plugins()

File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/lib/pluginmanager.py", line 180, in initialise_plugins

plugin.initialise()

File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/plugins/presentations/presentationplugin.py", line 84, in initialise

super(PresentationPlugin, self).initialise()

File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/lib/plugin.py", line 278, in initialise

self.media_item.initialise()

File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/plugins/presentations/lib/mediaitem.py", line 129, in initialise

self.load_list(files, initial_load=True)

File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/plugins/presentations/lib/mediaitem.py", line 164, in load_list

files.sort(key=lambda filename: get_locale_key(os.path.split(str(filename))[1]))

AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'sort'

Can anyone help me?

Johnny

Comments

• Also when I try to add ppa:openlp-core/release, I get the error "This PPA does not support focal"

• I've got OpenLP working on Ubuntu 20.04, but I'd like to use Linux Mint! Any suggestions?

• Still having problems installing openlp2.4.6 on Linux Mint 20.1 Xfce. I worked first time, and I was going to try the new openlp2.9.2. I installed the openlp2.9.2 but did not work. Therefore, I went to install openlp2.4.6 again to no avail this time. I've tried everything except reinstalling Linux Mint 20.1 on my multiboot system and I'm not sure how to do that properly. My multiboot laptop has Windows 10, Linux Mint 20.1 and Ubuntu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: After auto remove of openlp again. I tried to install openlp2.4.6 again, I get an error at setup openlp:

Setting up openlp (2.4.6-1) .../usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/ui/advancedtab.py:454: SyntaxWarning: "is not" with a literal. Did you mean "!="? time_enabled = default_service_enabled and self.service_name_day.currentIndex() is not 7 /usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/ui/advancedtab.py:496:SyntaxWarning: "is not" with a literal. Did you mean "!="? self.service_name_time.setEnabled(service_day is not 7)/usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/ui/themestab.py:207: SyntaxWarning: "is not" with a literal. Did you mean "!="? if self.global_theme is not '':/usr/share/openlp/tests/functional/openlp_plugins/songs/test_lib.py:202: SyntaxWarning: "is" with a literal. Did you mean "=="? assert len(result) is 1, 'The result should contain only one element.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: if I run openlp from terminal I get the following error: grace@aog:~$ openlp qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin

/usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/utils/languagemanager.py:96: FutureWarning: Possible nested set at position 1 if re.match(r'[[].*[]]', language): qt5ct: custom style sheet is disabled qt5ct: D-Bus system tray: no qt5ct: D-Bus global menu: no qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 2380, resource id: 8432364, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0

QXcbClipboard: Unable to receive an event from the clipboard manager in a reasonable time

Traceback error reported:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/openlp", line 44, in <module> main() File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/__init__.py", line 437, in main sys.exit(application.run(qt_args)) File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/__init__.py", line 142, in run Registry().execute('bootstrap_initialise') File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/common/registry.py", line 137, in execute result = function(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/lib/pluginmanager.py", line 68, in bootstrap_initialise self.initialise_plugins() File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/lib/pluginmanager.py", line 180, in initialise_plugins plugin.initialise() File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/plugins/presentations/presentationplugin.py", line 84, in initialise super(PresentationPlugin, self).initialise() File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/core/lib/plugin.py", line 278, in initialise self.media_item.initialise() File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/plugins/presentations/lib/mediaitem.py", line 129, in initialise self.load_list(files, initial_load=True) File "/usr/share/openlp/openlp/plugins/presentations/lib/mediaitem.py", line 164, in load_list files.sort(key=lambda filename: get_locale_key(os.path.split(str(filename))[1]))AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'sort'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: if i run sudo openlp from terminal, the OpenLP window comes up but locks up the computer forcing reboot.

Help Please!

• @Johnny Fowler You cannot downgrade directly from OpenLP 2.9.2 back to 2.4.6 .

If you want to go back to 2.4.6 you need to either delete or restore the data files and the config to how they were before you installed 2.9.2 .

The config is likely at ~/.config/OpenLP and the OpenLP data at ~/.local/share/openlp .

• Thanks so much. I found that I could again install OpenLP 2.4.6 if I reinstalled Linux Mint 20 Xfce. So that makes sense.