Remote app laggy at times

Hi, I often use the remote app when I am leading worship and there is no-one else available to change screens for me. Most of the time it works perfectly however occasionally everything freezes up which is very inconvenient when in the middle of a song. Mostly it unfreezes after a few seconds then works normally again until the next time. Last Sunday it occurred a number of times during the service - probably the worst instance I've had. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be? My phone on which the app runs is reasonably new so I don't think the phone is at fault. I don't think I've ever seen things freeze when operating the service directly on the laptop either, so I assume it is an issue of communication between the app and the laptop. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Comments

• @JVanders What version of OpenLP are you using? Are you using transitions between slides? Was your cellular data on the phone enabled? I assume when you talk about the APP that you mean the Android or Apple app you got from the play store and not the website that runs in your browser.

Sorry for all the questions, but we have to know where we are starting to help.

• @JohnM Thanks for your quick response. Version is 2.4.6. I'm not using transitions between slides. Yes, cellular data would have been turned on (it usually is). I am using the Android app from the play store running on a Samsung Galaxy A50.

Hope that helps.

• @JVanders The issue you described is a known issue with version 2.4.6. This issue has been addressed in the next version of OpenLP, that is in the Beta process at this time.

You may find that the remote webpage may help with the issue, but even the website is not a cure for the issue.

You may also find you have better results if you turn off the Cellular data during the service....sometimes the phone thinks the cellular data is better than the WiFi.

• @JohnM Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I will try those and look forward to the arrival of the next version.