OpenLP 2.9.4 aka 3.0 RC1 OFFICIAL DISCUSSION

OpenLP 3.0 RC1 has been released, see the announcement here: https://openlp.org/blog/2022/01/18/new-release-openlp-30-rc1-294-mighty-malachi

Please read the announcement before posting here, since a few issues and workarounds are already mentioned there.

Please report findings and issues here. And please post a log file if possible, see https://manual.openlp.org/troubleshooting.html#i-have-been-asked-to-email-a-debug-log-where-do-i-find-this

Comments

• Excited about the new release - thank you!

Running 2.9.4-1 (deb build) on Linux Mint 20.3 I get the following traceback on starting up OpenLP:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/bin/openlp", line 33, in <module>

sys.exit(load_entry_point('OpenLP==2.9.4', 'gui_scripts', 'openlp')())

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openlp/__main__.py", line 75, in start

main()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openlp/core/app.py", line 444, in main

sys.exit(app.run(qt_args, application))

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openlp/core/app.py", line 130, in run

Registry().execute('bootstrap_post_set_up')

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openlp/core/common/registry.py", line 128, in execute

result = function(*args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openlp/core/ui/settingsform.py", line 174, in bootstrap_post_set_up

self.general_tab.post_set_up()

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'post_set_up'

• On Windows 10 x64 Build 19043.1466

Windows detects this version as a Trojan.

• in MacOS Big Sur (11.6.2), the app stalls on execution and I have to force quit. I hope the following is useful.

*** openlp.log has this:

2022-01-19 14:37:28,370 MainThread openlp.plugins.songs.lib.importer           ERROR  Error importing SongsOfFellowshipImport

File "openlp/plugins/songs/lib/importer.py", line 60, in <module>

File "PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 495, in exec_module

File "openlp/plugins/songs/lib/importers/songsoffellowship.py", line 33, in <module>

File "openlp/plugins/songs/lib/importers/openoffice.py", line 38, in <module>

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'uno'

2022-01-19 14:37:28,371 MainThread openlp.plugins.songs.lib.importer           ERROR  Error importing OooImport

File "openlp/plugins/songs/lib/importer.py", line 66, in <module>

File "openlp/plugins/songs/lib/importers/openoffice.py", line 38, in <module>

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'uno'

*** If I open from the command line, I get this:

% ./openlp.app/contents/macos/openlp

Qt WebEngine resources not found at /Applications/openlp.app/contents/macos//Applications/openlp.app/contents/macos. Trying parent directory...

Qt WebEngine resources not found at /Applications/OpenLP.app/Contents/MacOS/PyQt5/Qt5. Trying application directory...

Installed Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location /Applications/openlp.app/contents/macos//Applications/openlp.app/contents/macos/qtwebengine_locales. Trying application directory...

openlp/core/lib/db.py:359: SAWarning: relationship 'Book.songs' will copy column song_books.id to column songs_songbooks.songbook_id, which conflicts with relationship(s): 'SongBookEntry.songbook' (copies song_books.id to songs_songbooks.songbook_id). If this is not the intention, consider if these relationships should be linked with back_populates, or if viewonly=True should be applied to one or more if they are read-only. For the less common case that foreign key constraints are partially overlapping, the orm.foreign() annotation can be used to isolate the columns that should be written towards.  To silence this warning, add the parameter 'overlaps="songbook"' to the 'Book.songs' relationship. (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/qzyx)

openlp/core/lib/db.py:359: SAWarning: relationship 'SongBookEntry.song' will copy column songs.id to column songs_songbooks.song_id, which conflicts with relationship(s): 'Book.songs' (copies songs.id to songs_songbooks.song_id). If this is not the intention, consider if these relationships should be linked with back_populates, or if viewonly=True should be applied to one or more if they are read-only. For the less common case that foreign key constraints are partially overlapping, the orm.foreign() annotation can be used to isolate the columns that should be written towards.  To silence this warning, add the parameter 'overlaps="songs"' to the 'SongBookEntry.song' relationship. (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/qzyx)

openlp/core/lib/db.py:359: SAWarning: relationship 'Song.songbook_entries' will copy column songs.id to column songs_songbooks.song_id, which conflicts with relationship(s): 'Book.songs' (copies songs.id to songs_songbooks.song_id). If this is not the intention, consider if these relationships should be linked with back_populates, or if viewonly=True should be applied to one or more if they are read-only. For the less common case that foreign key constraints are partially overlapping, the orm.foreign() annotation can be used to isolate the columns that should be written towards.  To silence this warning, add the parameter 'overlaps="songs"' to the 'Song.songbook_entries' relationship. (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/qzyx)

Setting up log file: /Users/jamie/Library/Application Support/openlp/libreofficeserver.log

File "/Applications/openlp.app/contents/macos/plugins/presentations/lib/libreofficeserver.py", line 46, in <module>

from serializers import register_classes

File "/Applications/OpenLP.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/presentations/lib/serializers.py", line 24, in <module>

from openlp.core.common.path import Path

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'openlp'

qt.qpa.window: <QNSWindow: 0x7fbe89260d70; contentView=<QNSView: 0x7fbe8984fc40; QCocoaWindow(0x7fbe8925c4e0, window=QWidgetWindow(0x7fbe8984dd20, name="QWidgetClassWindow"))>> has active key-value observers (KVO)! These will stop working now that the window is recreated, and will result in exceptions when the observers are removed. Break in QCocoaWindow::recreateWindowIfNeeded to debug.

• This is a "false positive", meaning that there is not a virus in OpenLP, but Windows Defender unfortunately thinks so...

We're are working on finding a way to get it fixed.

The false positive is unfortunately sometimes an issue due to the way OpenLP is bundled for windows.

• in MacOS Big Sur (11.6.2), the app stalls on execution and I have to force quit. I hope the following is useful.

Thank you for reporting this. What hardware are you running on? Is it x86 or ARM?

• Traceback (most recent call last):

File "openlp\core\ui\mainwindow.py", line 1293, in update_recent_files_menu

AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'is_file'

• Could you provide some context? What were you doing when the problem occurred? Can you reproduce it?

• @mxyost @kp3ft @michaelbishop I tracked it down to a problem with the package, which I've fixed and re-uploaded. Please download the file again and re-install OpenLP from the new package file, and it should run fine.

• @Penguin we submitted OpenLP to Microsoft, and they have updated their malware definitions to remove OpenLP, so you should be able to install and run OpenLP once you've updated your malware definitions in Windows Defender.

• I had to do the following to restore 2.4.6. I haven't seen this described on the forum. This will be my procedure before installing 3.0.

1. delete the preferences folder (~/Library/Preferences/org.openlp.OpenLP.plist)
    2. rename the openlp data folder (~/Library/Application Support/openlp) to something else (openlpx)
    3. restart
    4. install openlp 2.4.6 and run it like a new install
    5. adjust preferences to match my old setup
    6. copy my old data folder (saved by 2.9.4 as data-2022-etc) from openlpx folder to replace ~/Library/Application Support/openlp/Data
    7. run openlp and everything was there

Next time, I'll save the preferences .plist so I don't have to set up preferences again. This was a minor inconvenience, given how much time OpenLP has saved me over the years. Keep up the good work!

• Great to see this realease.

It is mostly stable, however when a image is displayed the web remotes returns a server error when accesing /api/v2/controller/live-item

• Can’t open the app on MacOS Catalina (10.15.7). Everytime it asks me for the location of Microsoft PowerPoint. I don’t have it, so I choos „Cancel“. That’s all. Here’s the log:Logging to: /Users/fritz/Library/Application Support/openlp/openlp.log

Qt WebEngine resources not found at . Trying parent directory...
    Qt WebEngine resources not found at /Applications/OpenLP.app/Contents/MacOS/PyQt5/Qt5. Trying application directory...
    Installed Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location /qtwebengine_locales. Trying application directory...
    openlp/core/lib/db.py:359: SAWarning: relationship 'Book.songs' will copy column song_books.id to column songs_songbooks.songbook_id, which conflicts with relationship(s): 'SongBookEntry.songbook' (copies song_books.id to songs_songbooks.songbook_id). If this is not the intention, consider if these relationships should be linked with back_populates, or if viewonly=True should be applied to one or more if they are read-only. For the less common case that foreign key constraints are partially overlapping, the orm.foreign() annotation can be used to isolate the columns that should be written towards.   To silence this warning, add the parameter 'overlaps="songbook"' to the 'Book.songs' relationship. (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/qzyx)

openlp/core/lib/db.py:359: SAWarning: relationship 'SongBookEntry.song' will copy column songs.id to column songs_songbooks.song_id, which conflicts with relationship(s): 'Book.songs' (copies songs.id to songs_songbooks.song_id). If this is not the intention, consider if these relationships should be linked with back_populates, or if viewonly=True should be applied to one or more if they are read-only. For the less common case that foreign key constraints are partially overlapping, the orm.foreign() annotation can be used to isolate the columns that should be written towards.   To silence this warning, add the parameter 'overlaps="songs"' to the 'SongBookEntry.song' relationship. (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/qzyx)

openlp/core/lib/db.py:359: SAWarning: relationship 'Song.songbook_entries' will copy column songs.id to column songs_songbooks.song_id, which conflicts with relationship(s): 'Book.songs' (copies songs.id to songs_songbooks.song_id). If this is not the intention, consider if these relationships should be linked with back_populates, or if viewonly=True should be applied to one or more if they are read-only. For the less common case that foreign key constraints are partially overlapping, the orm.foreign() annotation can be used to isolate the columns that should be written towards.   To silence this warning, add the parameter 'overlaps="songs"' to the 'Song.songbook_entries' relationship. (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/qzyx)

Setting up log file: /Users/fritz/Library/Application Support/openlp/libreofficeserver.log
      File "/Applications/OpenLP.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/presentations/lib/libreofficeserver.py", line 46, in <module>
        from serializers import register_classes
      File "/Applications/OpenLP.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/presentations/lib/serializers.py", line 24, in <module>
        from openlp.core.common.path import Path
    ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'openlp'

• I cannot reproduce this, could you provide some details of how you get the error?

Do you have the latest version of the web remote? Go to Settings->Remote Interface to check.

• Hi,

Happy about this new beta.

I have a trouble with the second screen. OLP tell me there i a mistake between the screen and the settings. This is the message :

When I continue and go to the screen settings of OLP, the resolution detected is wrong (the good one is 1920x1080).

On windows (10), the setting is correct (same like i used for previous version).

I tried everything I can (portable version, unplug the screen and plug it again, etc..), but no way.

Is there something I can do to solve this ?

On my personnal laptop (win10 too), everything is working well.

Thank you for your hard work.

• edited January 25

I was able to fix it. It seems that it was an old registry entry (under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenLP\OpenLP\presentations\presentations files) which contained a path to a removed pdf file. Apparently OpenLP tried to open that file, couldn't find it and thus, the presentation plugin failed.

I cleared the whole registry entry (presentations files), started OpenLP, now it works fine.

Initial message:

Hello,

thank you for all your effort.

I tried the new RC1, but the presentation plugin fails on Windows 11. Here is the log:

2022-01-25 22:26:07,134 MainThread openlp.core.lib.pluginmanager.PluginManager       ERROR  OpenLP Error trace
      File openlp\__main__.py at line 79 
    	 called 
      File openlp\__main__.py at line 75 
    	 called 
      File openlp\core\app.py at line 444 
    	 called 
      File openlp\core\app.py at line 130 
    	 called 
      File openlp\core\common\registry.py at line 128 
    	 called 
      File openlp\core\lib\pluginmanager.py at line 81 
    	 called 
      File openlp\core\lib\pluginmanager.py at line 167 
    	 called 
      File openlp\core\common\mixins.py at line 107 
    	 called 
      File openlp\core\common\__init__.py at line 106 
    	 called 
    2022-01-25 22:26:07,134 MainThread openlp.core.lib.pluginmanager.PluginManager       ERROR  Unable to initialise plugin presentations
     File "openlp\core\lib\pluginmanager.py", line 163, in initialise_plugins
     File "openlp\plugins\presentations\presentationplugin.py", line 89, in initialise
    AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'exists' 

Is there anything I or you can do? Thanks!

Sebastian

• edited January 27

Thought I would try the new version on my new MacBook Pro . Unfortunately after moving the .dmg file to the applications folder, when I try to run it it says the file is damaged and I should move it to the bin.

Has anybody any clues about what I am doing wrong please. New to Mac. I usually use windows.

Thanks.

Chris

PS

Just tried a download from the BitTorrent Option and that version works OK enabling me to start the set up. with the wizard. Perhaps the Direct version is corrupted?

Thanks.

Chris

• Malwarebytes is also detecting it as malware.

• Windows 10, OLP 2.9.4 no right click/context menu for Presentations. Available on Media and other tabs.

• @Jamie Hockin It appears that OpenLP is stalling when trying to connect to LibreOffice. If you rename or move LibreOffice, OpenLP will be unable to find it and will continue to run as usual. Not a long-term solution, obviously, but if you need to get OpenLP running now, that'll work till I figure out the problem and get it fixed.

• @Dmayner That's a false positive, and we're aware of that. We'll see if we can get them to remove it from the list.

• @Chris_J Not corrupted, you're essentially downloading the exact same file, but you're downloading it via a different mechanism. The blog post tells you how to fix the "corrupted download" error.