I’m using the new OpenLP 2.9.4 on Windows 10 & 11. However, the new McAfee Antivirus updates show the “OpenLP.exe” as a virus in Windows 10 & 11. I have contacted the OpenLP Forum, and they assure me that this is a FALSE Positive, and that OpenLP.exe has no virus. I filed this False Positive with McAfee, to no avail. However, you can exclude the OpenLP.exe file from McAfee scan as follows.
(1) Download OpenLP 2.9.4 for Windows Installer 32 or 64 bit Direct Download from https://openlp.org and install. Microsoft Defender SmartScreen may try to prevent the installation. Select “More info” and click “Run anyway.”
DO NOT try to Start OpenLP at the Finish step of installation, because McAfee will quarantine and/or delete OpenLP.exe.
(2) Open McAfee Protection program.
(3) Select Real-Time Scanning settings.
(4) At the Excluded Files window, click “Add”
(5) File Explorer will open, navigate to “C:\Program Files\OpenLP” folder and select “OpenLP.exe”
(6) It may take a little while for McAfee to the ADD of OpenLP.exe to Excluded Files, just wait.
When OpenLP.exe appears in Exclude Files, then you are ready to go.
I’ve been promoting and using OpenLP for many years, and our ministry tries to help small churches with limited budgets in installation and setup. I hope this helps you!