Saving Service Plan in Open LP 3.0.1

I have experienced a glitch with recent update to Open LP, in both 3.0.0 and 3.0.1. I am using a Mac; MAC OS 12.6.2 Monterey and have successfully installed and run Open LP, but when I save a service to a memory stick, it has just between 2 and 200kb and reports an error:

The service file /Volumes/SECURELOCK/NLCC Services & Materials/Service 2023-01-15 18-48.osz could not be loaded because it is either corrupt, inaccessible, or not a valid OpenLP 2 or OpenLP 3 service file.

I hope someone can help, as this is quite critical to service planning in our church

Kind Regards,

Keith

Comments

• Hi @keith_brockbank

Does it work as expected when you save to your local harddrive?

• When I save to the local hard drive and then I open it it works OK. However, what I notice is that the file is very small, only 3kb. It seems to be pulling most of the data from the database in Open LP.

However, we often add songs during the week for the following week's worship, and these songs will not be on the database for the church laptop. When using Open LP 2xx the saved service included the data of the songs and enabled us to save new songs from a service plan to the church laptop after Sunday worship, which has proven incredibly useful. I wonder how we will manage this if the capability to save the service plan to a memory stick is no longer viable?

Kind Regards,

Keith

• The service file will always contain the song data, so no need to worry about that. The reason that it is small is that the content is compressed, and text compresses really well. If you use the service-lite format, media files are not embedded in the service file, but requires the media files to be present externally on the original path.

• OK, but I still get the following error if I save the service plan file to memory stick:

The service file /Volumes/SECURELOCK/NLCC Services & Materials/Service 2023-01-15 18-48.osz could not be loaded because it is either corrupt, inaccessible, or not a valid OpenLP 2 or OpenLP 3 service file.

Can you help?

Keith

• For now you unfortunately will have to use the workaround of saving to a folder on a local drive and then copying it to the USB drive.

We have made a change to OpenLP that I believe will fix this, and it will be included in the next release.