Some time in the not-too-distant past, I remember being involved in a discussion on here about formatting tags not working. I can't locate that discussion now, unfortunately.
The version being discussed was either 2.9.x or 3.x - Not helpful, I know. Sorry.
But what I need to know is what's happening, or where things are up to with getting these working again, please. I have a workaround, but it is a long process and formatting tags should make things easier for me, and probably others, too. Or maybe I am the only person for whom formatting tags aren't working.
Whey you say the formatting tags aren't working, are you saying they're not working on the display/projection on or Web Remote's stage view?
Good question. I should have been clearer!
Using the mouse, I cannot select a formatting tag in the editor (when I'm creating a custom slide). I thought that was the (only) way to select formatting tags.
Just now, I went to take some screenshots to illustrate what I meant and I made a discovery. Once I have right-clicked or command-clicked on the text that I want to format, that brings me to, amongst other things, the formatting tags. That's where I expected to use the mouse to select the tag(s) I want to use. But my discovery is that I use the arrow keys to move up and down the list and then press return to put the formatting tag into action.
I don't remember it being that way in previous versions. But, for various reasons, I wasn't a frequent user of the formatting tags, so it's more than possible that I don't remember correctly.
I'll be interested in what really used to happen, and what the intended manner for putting these tags into action is.
Reported in https://gitlab.com/openlp/openlp/-/issues/1292
As I said in my first post on this thread, I think that I recall being involved in a discussion here about this issue, but I couldn't locate the discussion then. I still can't.
I don't know if you were involved in that discussion then and you reported on Gitlab arising from the discussion, or maybe you simply observed the misbehaviour and reported it. Either way, thank you!
Hrm. I can reproduce it with a built version of OpenLP, but when I run OpenLP from source, everything works perfectly. Unfortunately I cannot see any error messages so I don't know why it would not work when compiled, but works fine when running from source.
so I don't know why it would not work when compiled, but works fine when running from source.
Just to make your life complicated, of course!