just installed windows 7 and openlp will not open

just installed windows 7 and  openlp will not open, it says sorry i was unable to open sing dat base

Comments

• edited October 2009

i found out the awnser right clicked , propeties, chosse vista and it worked with windows 7

• edited October 2009
  • edited December 2009

Thanks for the advice I had the same problem and your trick worked for me. Laughing

I still have one problem however, when adding new lyrics it does not display in the search section. any idea why?

• edited December 2009

Most people will still encounter problems running openlp in a vista compatability mode...as some features will not work properly. This is what I recommend:

First if you have not already done so...uninstall the openlp program using the program control in the control panel on Windows 7. Then as you have downloaded the openlp installation file...right click on the openlp.org-1.2.2-setup icon and then left click on properties. Next, left-click on the compatability tab. You should see a small checkbox next to "Run this program in compatability mode for:" Left click this check box, and then in the drop down menu that is below the checkbox select the "Windows XP (Service Pack 3) mode. Leave the other settings below it alone...and then left click on the checkbox that says "Run the program as an administrator". Next, left click on the "apply" button and then left click the "OK" button. You can now install the prgram and all of it's features without any error messages. Please let me know how this works out for ya. :-)

Ike

• edited December 2009

As always...be sure to back-up any files that you want to save...esp lyrics whenever you modify or reinstall openlp

Ike

• edited January 2010

I'm considering upgrading our Church Vista laptop to Windows 7, although I've not yet used Windows 7, but have had enough problems with Vista to warrant an upgrade!

Please could someone confirm whether if I install it per Ike's replies above then after that all I need to do to run openlp is to double click as usual, without any further right-click compatibility mode requirements?

Thanks.

• edited January 2010

I'm running openlp 1.2.3 on windows 7 ultimate 64bit edition without any problems.

I do not use compatibility mode, i just double click as usual.

It would be beneficial to do a full clean install; wiping the hard drive rather than doing a upgrade as this can sometimes cause problems. You'll just have to reinstall all the software again.

Just remember to back everything up.

regards

Malcolm