I've created a web based tool to convert XML Bibles (used in OpenSong) to CSV format for import into OpenLP.
Bibles are available for download here: http://www.opensong.org/d/downloads
I tried the conversion util here: http://sites.google.com/site/ricepudd/myopenlputilities#opensongbible but had an error, so created this.
It produces a testament file, books file and verse file.
- It presumes the XML is in order. The first 39 books are marked as Old Testament, the remainder New.
- The testament file isn't dynamically created, it's a static link. I can't see how this could cause a problem, but I thought I'd mention it.
- It doesn't add abbreviations to the books file. I'll add this soon.
- There is almost no error checking. The only thing it does is let you know if the book, chapter and verse counts aren't as expected.
- I don't know how this'll affect my hosting - I may have to take it down if I run out of bandwidth.
Feedback is welcome.