Canot get Song Select down load to work

aldald
edited 6:11AM in Development

We are registered with Song Select.  I can go to import in openlp and then go to Song Select.  I click there and it takes me to the log in user-password at Song Select.  I am then able to go directly into Song Select.  Song Select is working ok when I search and do find a song.  I thought I saw something that said click to load to clipboard to import.  I click the clipboard but the song doesn't import to openlp. I don't see any thing else to click to get the song out of Song Select.  Is there something not working in openlp or am I not doing something right.  Additionally I did reboot a couple of times.  A small windows opens up and at the top says confirm.  BUT, there are two empty white sections at the bottom and I would assume I should click accept or what ever but there is no writing in these places and I try to click and nothing happens. The Song Select seems locked there.  So I do wonder if something is not working in here.  Maybe something got undone in programming.
THANKS IN ADVANCE  AL IN TX USAWe are registered with Song Select.  I can go to import in openlp and then go to Song Select.  I click there and it takes me to the log in user-password at Song Select.  I am then able to go directly into Song Select.  Song Select is working ok when I search and do find a song.  I thought I saw something that said click to load to clipboard to import.  I click the clipboard but the song doesn't import to openlp. I don't see any thing else to click to get the song out of Song Select.  Is there something not working in openlp or am I not doing something right.  Additionally I did reboot a couple of times.  A small windows opens up and at the top says confirm.  BUT, there are two empty white sections at the bottom and I would assume I should click accept or what ever but there is no writing in these places and I try to click and nothing happens. The Song Select seems locked there.  So I do wonder if something is not working in here.  Maybe something got undone in programming.
THANKS IN ADVANCE  AL IN TX USA

Comments

• edited February 2010

Al, you've already posted this under the title "Downloading from Song Select" in the forums (which you can see in the column on the right hand side). You don't need to post this again, and twice, at that. I (and others, I am sure) saw your first post. Posting things a second and third time is unnecessary, and doesn't endear you to the rest of the folks on the forums, as it is considered bad form.

If you don't receive a reply in a day's time, don't repost this. Not everyone visits the forums every day, and not everyone can help you. For instance, there are very few countries that can use SongSelect. The USA is one of a handful that can. Most other users of OpenLP probably don't use SongSelect. So if you don't receive a reply, just be patient, usually someone will see your post and reply, but it doesn't happen immediately.

We are all doing this in our spare time. From the developers, to the testers, to the folks in the community who take time to read and answer other folks on the forums.

• aldald
    edited February 2010

Thank YOU to all who work on this program. We are a small church usually 25 to 40 on Sunday morning.  We purchased a 55 inch lcd screen and are trying to get a lap top going with the openlp program.
    I have looked for some type usb wireless transmi

• edited February 2010

ald, so what happens exactly when you click the copy to clipboard from song selet? I have had an issue of it locking my machine up and what I have found as a work around is to open up your browser navigate to the lyrics in song select with openlp running first of course, then click copy to clipboard and the import works. I have found that works better for us and might be worth a try.

Wesley`

• aldald
    edited February 2010

Wesley, I seem to have found a work around but would be nice to keep downloading.  I found that if I hold long and hard on the download to clipboard the download does open.

THE PROBLEM, after I down load one song I cannot down another untill I completely close song select, completely close openlp. I then reopen openlp and go to import, back to Song Select and then search another song to down load.  So I have to close all and reopen all to just download that next song. 
    Perhaps some of those programing can do a work around where this is not happening unless there is some quirk with me.  I don't see any way for me to get it to work anyother way.
    AGAIN THANKS TO ALL THAT GIVE SO FREELY TO WORK ON AND PROVIDE THIS PROGRAM.
    AL IN TX USA

• edited March 2010

The reason is that CCLI used to provide text for people to copy on the Song detail page. Now they have switched to a picture because they want to track lyric downloads. This is why you can't copy and paste the lyrics anymore.

So this is not an openlp problem, CCLI/SongSelect upgraded their site and software which screwed openlp.

To fix this you'll have to go to the songselect site and download the .txt file of the song you want then go back to openlp and select import songselect file, then choose the .txt file you downloaded.