MS Office 2010 Compatibility

JcJc
edited November -1 in General Discussion

I was curious about what tests (if any) have been made with OpenLP-v2 and the Office 2010 Beta that's been out for quite a while? I know currently when I start OLP2 it does not recognize it at all. Just putting that out there

Comments

• edited June 2010

There haven't been any official tests done, mainly due to there not being many Windows developers, and even fewer with Office installed, and as one of the very few, I don't want to upgrade Office yet... Also there are a few quirks in v2 with PPT 2003/2007 so it's possible your hitting the same problems with 2010.

I was hoping that since every version of the PPT API has been pretty much backwards compatible with the previous version, that this trend would continue...

• JcJc
    edited June 2010

Which you would be right. I just found the setting in OLP2 where you tell it if PPT or OOo is installed. Opened just fine though and ran a presentation. Leave it to a noob to ask questions before experimenting.

Thanks for all the awesome work. So for future reference, OLP2 is working with PPT2010

• edited June 2010

That's good news, thanks for letting us know.