Openlp Web Controller

edited November -1 in General Discussion

I am intrigued to try the web controller interface that is in the new OpenLP v2 (1.9.2).

The plugin is switched on, but can anyone guide me as to how I connect to it? Also what needs to be setup prior to that - it seems that you may have to have a service list active and/or saved for the Controller to attach to.

I am not sure if there is a help file available for the latest version yet.

TX

Comments

• edited July 2010

The first thing to do is run a web browser on the same machine that OpenLP is running, and connect to http://localhost:4316. This should show you a web page with a few OpenLP type things on it. It helps to have a song live, or something in the service manager otherwise you'll not see much.

If this works, then you need to find out the IP address of the OpenLP server (For windows type 'ipconfig' at a command prompt. Type 'ifconfig' on Linux), and this will return you an address made up of four numbers, e.g. 192.168.0.15. You then replace the localhost above with the 4 numbers, e.g: http://192.168.0.15:4316 in the web browser on the remote computer. If you have a firewall running then you might need to configure it to allow such requests through.

Note, if the machine OpenLP is running from gets it's address from a router via DHCP then the IP address may change next time you reboot.

• edited July 2010

You may have issues with firewalls depending on the OS you are using.  You need to open the TCP port for 4316.

• edited July 2010

Thanks for the guidance ... it is so cool!

I simply loaded it on my iPhone and way to go ... i can control it from anywhere.

Alistair

Denver CO USA

• edited July 2010

It would be useful to add a 3rd button and instead of just "Blank" and "Unblank" to have "Blank", "Background" and "Active" or "Text"

The second would just display the Background, whereas the 3rd would display the text as well. It is less distracting to have the text disappear that the entire background go black.

Alistair

Denver CO USA

• edited July 2010

Over time we will add more functionality to the web controller, hopefully with the ability to choose items from the media manager. However this is still some way off since we are focusing on the main application at the moment. Since there is a blank-to-background option in OpenLP itself, it is very likely this will make its way to the web controller in due course.